• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

We need to get the club back together on FIFA'16:

SD3
Doug
IODeac
buckets
justice
timmyd
husky

rally the MF troops!

I'm up for it. I've been in another club for the past few months or so, we usually hang around Division 3 or 4, sometimes 2 if a friend of mine plays who is really good. I've gotten pretty decent as a result, my CAM is a 90 and Striker is 88 rated.

According to the trailer it's Holiday 2016. My bad. I've never played any ME game and the trailer looks amazing.

You should remedy that asap. They're frequently on sale to get all 3 parts for about $20. I only discovered the series about 1.5 years ago and it shot straight to the top of my list of favorites, even if the graphics are dated now.

Can we try not to run off the only true video game insider that will ever post on OGBoards please?

CxG2lWG.png

not sure if it's a spoiler but

my wife got a kick out of the Keira Metz storyline, especially the dinner/sex scene. especially since I ended up killing her literally 5 min afterwards

I love the first Mass Effect games.

I mean, the ending sucked balls but the rest of the games were a lot of fun.

I'm curious if Andromeda will tie in to the first three at all. The soldier was wearing N7 so the Alliance will be involved. I wonder if they'll go full Master Chief with Commander Shepherd and juts keep him around forever.

I love the first Mass Effect games.

I mean, the ending sucked balls but the rest of the games were a lot of fun.

I'm curious if Andromeda will tie in to the first three at all. The soldier was wearing N7 so the Alliance will be involved. I wonder if they'll go full Master Chief with Commander Shepherd and juts keep him around forever.

I did some digging this afternoon and it looks like this will take place a few hundred years after the events of ME: 3. No word yet on whether the Citadel will be featured (I hope so. Although it was the best represented in ME: 1). I will be interested to see if some of the longer living life forms (Liara for example) make an appearance.

I'm not sure why the reception to DOOM is so negative across the internets (I don't think it's been discussed one way or the other here, really). I think it looks pretty cool?

Also, I'm not really sure why I never played FIFA with y'all. I should do that with 16. someone remind me plz

As someone who has and Xbone I honestly don't care if Sony got SFV (And I played the shit out of SSF4/USF4). I had a copy of SSF4 on 360 and later got USF4 on my computer and while the community on 360 was better the game played much better on PC. They announced crossplay between PS4 and PC so now I get to play SFV on my preferred platform (PC) and still get the larger community, win-win.

I'm not sure why the reception to DOOM is so negative across the internets (I don't think it's been discussed one way or the other here, really). I think it looks pretty cool?

Also, I'm not really sure why I never played FIFA with y'all. I should do that with 16. someone remind me plz

I thought that it looked really cool as well. From what I've read is that it isn't fast enough (which I kindda thought as well until the hell level then it was just tits out.) The other complaint that I was reading is that the animations seem to be really repetitive. Which I don't really get either. It's not like Bethesda is going to show you all the sick finishers at a fucking press conference. I think that it looks like a really fucking fun game especially compared to D3.

I can't stop playing Witcher 3. The breadth of this game is astounding. So many characters, so much dialogue, so many quests that start as a simple fetch quest and then turn into a story that takes me an hour to complete.

Man. This game is so good.

I can't stop playing Witcher 3. The breadth of this game is astounding. So many characters, so much dialogue, so many quests that start as a simple fetch quest and then turn into a story that takes me an hour to complete.

Man. This game is so good.

I go through every single dialogue question in the damn game. I never do that I'm so into this world I want to know everything about what's going on. This game really is able to create a living, breathing world that you really care about.

I go through every single dialogue question in the damn game. I never do that I'm so into this world I want to know everything about what's going on. This game really is able to create a living, breathing world that you really care about.

I keep outleveling the main story quests because I get so sidetracked by doing other things. It's starting to be a problem--the main quests are too easy for me.

I agree with the Kotaku article that says you should play this game on a higher difficulty setting. Combat can be difficult at the beginning of the game, but after you understand signs/oils/bestiary info/potions and the basic combat moves, each fight is pretty easy.

I keep outleveling the main story quests because I get so sidetracked by doing other things. It's starting to be a problem--the main quests are too easy for me.

I agree with the Kotaku article that says you should play this game on a higher difficulty setting. Combat can be difficult at the beginning of the game, but after you understand signs/oils/bestiary info/potions and the basic combat moves, each fight is pretty easy.

I've done a lot of the side quest but I'm mainly running around and getting all of those question marks off each section of the map, granted I've had a couple times where I run up to a guarded treasure and have to quickly nope the fuck out because I'm out leveled like a mofo.

Just picked up a 850 Evo 500gb SSD, a Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming, and a Windows 8.1 Pro key from /r/microsoftsoftwareswap.

Really excited about the G1 as most have been able to OC to 980 levels. I decided against a higher-end model because I think I'll upgrade again when the Oculus/SteamVR stuff goes live or to move to 4k. Also, it will replace my aging 560TI 448gb.

I've been holding off on the Witcher until this upgrade. Can't wait to get into it.

Finally got new saddle bags (the 2nd version of them) and all I have to say is thank god. I was in an awkward cycle of do a quest or two go back, sell shit then rinse and repeat.

This game looks great. I have been waiting for a game like this for years. What do you think?

Back