• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

playing through witcher 3 again, changing some choices.

this time i convinced her to go to witcher castle but decided to look up what happens if she goes to Radovid and holy fuck

i forgot how good this game is a characterization. if i would've come across that ending organically it would've melted my mind

Video Game Thread - Final Fantasy XVI Announced - No Other News

I’m still trying to get through Disco Elysium. I’ve never played a game that is so mentally taxing. The only word that comes to mind is “insane”, and I have to gear myself up every time I log in. It’s amazing and brilliant, but so intense. Welcome to the disco indeed.

Microsoft is buying Activision Blizzard. That seems big and makes my Game Pass even better.

If only I could buy a new graphics card.

Knocked out Metroid Dread during our snow days. Perfect level of difficulty in my opinion, really solid game. Tough in spots but the save/respawn locations are friendly. Good stuff.

Yeah, played it a bunch around the holidays and really enjoyed it (had to fight my son for it). Haven't played for a few weeks, but I need to pick it back up because I am not too far from the end. EMMIs are frustrating but fun.

Microsoft is buying Activision Blizzard. That seems big and makes my Game Pass even better.

If only I could buy a new graphics card.

This is very big, and I'm curious to see how it pans out next year. Interesting that this likely only happened because of the harassment/hostile workplace issues ongoing at Activision. I do have some faith that MS will work to get that cleaned up, but it also kind of gets Kotick off scot free.

This is very big, and I'm curious to see how it pans out next year. Interesting that this likely only happened because of the harassment/hostile workplace issues ongoing at Activision. I do have some faith that MS will work to get that cleaned up, but it also kind of gets Kotick off scot free.

I heard Kotick is staying around for the transition. I can't imagine MS will keep him after. MS probably doesn't want that mess.

I heard Kotick is staying around for the transition. I can't imagine MS will keep him after. MS probably doesn't want that mess.

zero chance he sticks around after, i read somewhere he'll actually get less money if he gets let go AFTER the merger vs kicked out now because of how his current contract is structured

Anybody here messed around with one of the Anbernic RG351s? I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on one for a few months but haven't yet. Might get one as a birthday present for myself. Seems very cool from what I've heard so far.

Vampire Survivors on Steam. $3. Buy it now. Thank me later.

Just finished the Guardians of the Galaxy game. Great story, great writing, really funny and well done. Combat is ok and it is not hard, but I really enjoyed it.

Playing It Takes Two with the wife and Psychonauts 2 which the kids love watching. Both of those games are great, incredibly creative, and available on GamePass. Really impressive.

[h=1]Hundeds Of Rare Sealed Nintendo and Sega Games Discovered In Nebraska Storage Facility[/h]
[h=2]The collection is likely worth tens of thousands of dollars.[/h]

https://www.ign.com/articles/rare-sealed-nintendo-sega-games-discovered-in-nebraska

Hoards of SNES, Sega CD, Genesis, Saturn, and 3DO games were put in storage after a local store closed down in 1994 and have remained untouched until now.
A Nebraska-based reseller called Gameroom found the collection and staff joked in a video that there are as many copies of the less valuable NBA and Madden games as there are interesting finds, but the several boxes of incredibly rare games more than make up for it.
The video ends with Gameroom showing off some of the collection's rarest sealed games, including Chrono Trigger on SNES, valued at over $2,400 according to Price Charting, a website that tracks the value of classic games.
Also on SNES was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time (worth over $1,400), Final Fantasy III (worth over $1,200), and Sunset Riders (worth over $750).
The value of these finds makes the lesser titles, such as several copies of Aladdin on SNES, Contra Hard Corps on Genesis, and Musya on SNES seem less exciting, despite them being worth hundreds of dollars each.

Thanks for bumping - want to make sure everyone knows the new Horizon Zero Dawn comes out on Friday and is getting very good reviews.

The first was one of my favorite video game stories.

Trying to decide if it is worth buying Horizon on PS4. So far, things seem fairly positive there as well.

I agree that the story of the first was tremendous, but I kind of wish they had left it there. They are going to have to do something really good to justify a sequel.

Didn’t play the first but thinking about getting this one. The reviews have been very favorable.

Didn’t play the first but thinking about getting this one. The reviews have been very favorable.

Get the first one and play it. It's really amazing.

Trying to decide if it is worth buying Horizon on PS4. So far, things seem fairly positive there as well.

I agree that the story of the first was tremendous, but I kind of wish they had left it there. They are going to have to do something really good to justify a sequel.

Get the PS4 version and you can upgrade for free to PS5 later. The reviews are going so well, so I'm sure they found a good place for the story.

Back