• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

The Nintendo exclusives are established enough that its PS or XBox and everyone should just get as many Switches as they want. If you haven’t bought one yet and you aren’t in a hurry, you may want to wait to hear about the 4K Switch Pro. It’s been rumored for awhile. I would imagine if it’s coming, Odyssey 2 and BOTW 2 would be on it.

The Nintendo exclusives are established enough that its PS or XBox and everyone should just get as many Switches as they want. If you haven’t bought one yet and you aren’t in a hurry, you may want to wait to hear about the 4K Switch Pro. It’s been rumored for awhile. I would imagine if it’s coming, Odyssey 2 and BOTW 2 would be on it.

Another reason why I’m trying to sell now, I should have sold it 4 months ago but I was waiting on the Outerworlds port :(

I don't think the Switch Pro would impact the resell value of a Switch that much. In fact, I think it's a sign of the longeviety of the Switch.

After being Nintendo 4lyfe, I finally jumped into the Xbox world in 2012, but this fall I'm planning on getting a Switch since I really want to play BOTW and Odyssey among other things

I've usually had a Nintendo & XBox console since back in the days of the N64 and then the original XBox. Bought the Switch last XMas for my kids and haven't played XBox at all since then. I'm sure I will again at some point.

Kids were a heavy lean to the Switch for a while, then Gamepass changed that pretty quickly.

Now we all bounce between the Switch and XBox which is actually kind of nice. XBox also has the better YTTV App so it’s also all things media.

So what games are people most looking forward to on PS5? The only things I see out of the gate (or immediately after) are Cyberpunk and Godfall. I don't know a whole lot about Godfall, but anything created by the Borderlands developer and is in studio cahoots with God of War definitely interests me, but nothing is really jumping off the page to me.

Anyone playing the Halloween version of Warzone that just came out a few days ago? It's fantastic and really well done

I haven't tried the zombie royale yet (though I remember liking when Apex did something like it a couple years ago), but I've played a bit on the night map and can confirm it's a lot of fun. It also seems like SBMM might've been turned off for it, which is a welcome relief

Has anybody gotten Mario Kart Live: Home Edition? It looks really cool. We want to wait and get two of them for Christmas but my 8 year old wants to spend his own money on it now.

So what games are people most looking forward to on PS5? The only things I see out of the gate (or immediately after) are Cyberpunk and Godfall. I don't know a whole lot about Godfall, but anything created by the Borderlands developer and is in studio cahoots with God of War definitely interests me, but nothing is really jumping off the page to me.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Anybody have an recent luck getting pre-orders? I haven't tried in a few weeks. I may just bite the bullet and get one on the secondary market if I'm feeling good.

As a side note, the new PS Store webpage is garbage, they removed all legacy content purchasing (PSP, Vita, PS3) from the website, and they removed the wishlist. It is an utterly baffling downgrade.

Is anybody going to be buying a legacy console?

Is anybody going to be buying a legacy console?

Sorry, wasn't clear there. It isn't for the consoles, it is for the games. So, you can only buy those games on the console itself going forward, except on the psp, which they already shut the store down for. It is weird, because I would understand if they just shut down support for those consoles. They are old. But if you are going to continue to sell games, why remove a easy way to do so and make the process much tougher?

damn that's true

but if they could render it for HD/widescreen TVs

i'd also like a PilotWings 64

I haven't tried the zombie royale yet (though I remember liking when Apex did something like it a couple years ago), but I've played a bit on the night map and can confirm it's a lot of fun. It also seems like SBMM might've been turned off for it, which is a welcome relief

It’s better than the Apex one, you can respawn as a human in COD if you collect two vials off dead bodies.

I miss Apex. All my gaming friends play COD exclusively now. Haven’t played since like the second day of this current season.

It’s better than the Apex one, you can respawn as a human in COD if you collect two vials off dead bodies.

I miss Apex. All my gaming friends play COD exclusively now. Haven’t played since like the second day of this current season.

I stopped playing Apex around the start of Season 5 because, frankly, I spent most of my time playing that and I had a lot of other games I wanted to get to. One of the few times where I was drawn to a game that strongly.

Apex is still my favorite flavor of the BR genre.

Back