• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Got a new 4k TV so I decided to get the Xbox1X and a new receiver that can process 4k/HDR. Looking forward to replaying RDR2 and a few other games to see the HDR difference

Played through Bloodstained and The Outer Worlds on XBox Game Pass and greatly enjoyed both of them.

Now, I’m starting through Star Wars: Fallen Order.

Playing fallen order now. I was enjoying it until I found a potentially game breaking issue. Without spoiling there is a section that you climb to before making a few jumps to get across. It looks like i broke the thing you use to jump and now can't get past to pick up a critical item. A little google searching does not turn up much of detail. If I have to start over...

When I saw the pilot of the ship, I had to double-check that Ernest Borgnine was dead.

Finally finished God of War. I haven't played a game start to finish in a long time -- pretty satisfying. And did most of it on the Peloton. Now I need a new Peloton appropriate game. Instead of sexist marketing to already fit women, they should advertise as a way to play video games while working on dad bods.

That makes a lot of sense. A middle age dude in decent enough shape with a one pack playing video games would appeal to a larger market.

burn?

Are you playing on switch? I just got Link's Awakening; it's a pretty good uprez of the old Gameboy game.

burn?

Are you playing on switch? I just got Link's Awakening; it's a pretty good uprez of the old Gameboy game.

Wouldn't be a burn to call me "in decent enough shape".

Playing on PS4. We do have Link's Awakening on the switch -- my son can't get enough Zelda content.

Video Game Thread - New Half Life - For Reals this Time

Last edited:
My kid has it and barely plays it. I’m backed up on games. I thought I was going to get to Ultimate Alliance, Link’s Awakening, and Luigi’s Mansion in the fall but I didn’t.

Darksiders III isn't bad and is easy enough to jump in/out of

Outer Worlds is pretty great, too. not sure that's avail. for PS though

I think I posted this on the chat thread, but I got a Switch for XMas. Told the wife it was for the kids, but it's really for me to play on flights I take for work.

Have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which I play a lot w/ my 5 and 3 yo daughters... It's great.

Also got Zelda: BOTW, which I play w/ my 5 yo (she walks/rides around and hands me the controller when something big attacks us). I've become addicted in the last couple of weeks... It's so good. My first Zelda since beating OOT a long long time ago.

My question is... What else should I get to play w/ my kids? Will probably get Luigi's Mansion 3, but was going to wait until later in the year (around Halloween). Anything fun in the meantime?

Your 5 year old needs to step up her Zelda game.

Snipperclips is good fun. They could potentially get into Mario Party, and if they can handle Mario Kart, they should be fine. My daughter loved watching me play Ori and the Blind Forest on Xbox (on Switch now) when she was younger... there are a couple sad cutscenes to watch out for, though. The Dragon Quest Builders games are kind of like directed Minecraft, but would likely be another one you would need to play and have them watch due to the difficulty. Very cute and catchy art style, though.

Your 5 year old needs to step up her Zelda game.

Yeah, I read your stuff on Zelda from way back. Your kid is/was an outlier on video games, I'd say.

My 5yo mostly just struggles with the camera... It's tough to watch her play. But it amazing how creative they are in trying to figure out solutions. I love doing the shrines with her because she always has a ton of ideas for us to try.

My 3yo likes to watch us play, but she gets scared when we're out too late and the skeletons come out of the ground. She really doesn't like to see us get hurt. She also calls Link, "Blink", which cracks me up.

Played through jedi fallen order with my 7 yo. He was watching at first (did not think he would be able to do it). At one spot I was trying to make a jump with the wind blowing me away. He just started laughing hysterically. Then said, "I could do it dad." So I said "fine. Give it a try." He made his first attempt. I started laughing. We played through most of the rest together.

I think I posted this on the chat thread, but I got a Switch for XMas. Told the wife it was for the kids, but it's really for me to play on flights I take for work.

Have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which I play a lot w/ my 5 and 3 yo daughters... It's great.

Also got Zelda: BOTW, which I play w/ my 5 yo (she walks/rides around and hands me the controller when something big attacks us). I've become addicted in the last couple of weeks... It's so good. My first Zelda since beating OOT a long long time ago.

My question is... What else should I get to play w/ my kids? Will probably get Luigi's Mansion 3, but was going to wait until later in the year (around Halloween). Anything fun in the meantime?

We have the same games and were hunting as well, we just added Mario Tennis and it's been fun. My son loves it, he has some weird wrist flick thing he's doing that makes his shots go sideways, keeps beating us. We also got it before Luigi's Mansion 3 which is next on our list.

So, the current state of the country, as well as a recent trip to DC, has made me want to go back to Fallout 3... maybe just for a bit of catharsis.

Back