• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I still need to play 1.

And Horizon Zero Dawn.

Both of those are great games. I haven't gotten to Last of Us 2 yet, because there is currently enough misery in the world and I'm not up for any more right now. I did just finally finish Spider-Man, and I'm getting ready to start on Yakuza 2. Also, pretty sure I have said this before, but Xbox Game Pass is a ridiculously good deal. Just saw that Crusader Kings 3 will be launching on Game Pass for the PC on release.

Just finished it. Definitely an exhausting, depressing game. Really well made and beautiful. Can get repetitive at times though. Really liked the story overall.

Saw a study that people who watch and like horror movies are coping with the pandemic better than those who don't. Well, this game should be the ultimate coping mechanism.

Just finished it. Definitely an exhausting, depressing game. Really well made and beautiful. Can get repetitive at times though. Really liked the story overall.

Saw a study that people who watch and like horror movies are coping with the pandemic better than those who don't. Well, this game should be the ultimate coping mechanism.

I feel like I have to be getting close to the end of The Last of Us 2. Have really enjoyed it. I'd never played the first one until I started it in May, so it was good to roll right into the second one. The story is really good for sure, but there is a ton of it.

Have a Nintendo switch on the way thanks to that Twitter bot. What games should I get that are good for single player for me and for me and my wife to play together? I'm thinking mario kart, zelda, mario odyssey, and super smash brothers to start, but what else is good? I like sports and RPG/fantasy type games. The wife is not a gamer, but likes classic stuff like mario, donkey kong, etc.

The ones you mentioned are good. Octopath traveler and Fire Emblem Three Houses are good RPGs. If you like baseball video games then check out the super mega baseball series. So much fun and runs great on the switch. All the other big sports series lose something in the porting process.

Golf Story was really fun, great recommendation. When the ex-wife showed up with her more successful new husband I cracked up, wasn’t expecting that kind of development.

Golf Story was really fun, great recommendation. When the ex-wife showed up with her more successful new husband I cracked up, wasn’t expecting that kind of development.

Good call. Super fun game. Sequel coming out soon that expands to more sports (naturally called Sports Story). They were targeting mid-2020 when they announced it, but I'm sure the pandemic postponed things. Can't find a release date for it now.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/12/10/21004779/golf-story-sequel-sports-story-coming-to-switch

Have a Nintendo switch on the way thanks to that Twitter bot. What games should I get that are good for single player for me and for me and my wife to play together? I'm thinking mario kart, zelda, mario odyssey, and super smash brothers to start, but what else is good? I like sports and RPG/fantasy type games. The wife is not a gamer, but likes classic stuff like mario, donkey kong, etc.

I strongly recommend paying the $10 for the online subscription. Even if you don't ever intend on playing anything online, it gives you access to a couple dozen SNES games, 50 or so NES games and Tetris 99.

Thanks for the recommendations. My switch is now back ordered through wal mart but at least I am in queue to get one at some point as it was originally supposed to arrive today #firstworldprobs

Just started Ghosts of Tsushima and although I'm only a few hours in I think I'm going to like it.

Just started that too. Fun so far -- starting to get the hang of combat. The game is basically BOTW.

Finally got Ring Fit Adventure (shipped) after 10 days of trying with the bot

8 yo loves the switch we got for his bday. Thanks for the bot pro tip.

Playing lots of mario kart. Those tiny controllers though... not made for me.

starting to see some early impressions of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator and it sounds pretty dope.

Back