• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Am I the only person who picked up Metal Gear? Whoever hasn't is missing out.

I finished Shadows of Mordor recently. The game was really fun at first but became repetitive by the end. It felt a lot like a mix between Assassin's Creed and Batman which isn't a bad thing.

I haven't looked but it has to use the same combat engine the Batman games use because all the moves are the same including combos. You can also continually jump over most people and never get hit.

Well, once you get the endless shadow strike ability it just becomes ridiculous. Looking back on all the raving about the game is strange to me b/c I think it's really overrated. It's a fun mechanic and the nemesis thing is kind of cool but the game almost feels like a super-graphics version of a mobile game.

I just bought COD: AW because it was on sale this week but I haven't started it yet. Is it the single player or multiplayer (or both?) that's garbage?

I only played the multiplayer classic modes since I didn't feel like dealing with all the exo-suit crap, and I heard hit detection with exo suits was awful. For me it was the lag compensation, bad scorestreaks, bad graphics, really bad respawns, and imbalanced weapons. The BO3 beta blew it out of the water, can't wait to play the real thing in a few months

Well, once you get the endless shadow strike ability it just becomes ridiculous. Looking back on all the raving about the game is strange to me b/c I think it's really overrated. It's a fun mechanic and the nemesis thing is kind of cool but the game almost feels like a super-graphics version of a mobile game.

Yeah the nemesis thing was pretty cool as was the whatever little peon kills you gets promoted to captain. I didn't like that the captains kept coming back from the dead.

After not playing video games for about seven years, my wife just bought me an Xbox One. I need a racing game - should I get F1 2015 or Forza 5?

After not playing video games for about seven years, my wife just bought me an Xbox One. I need a racing game - should I get F1 2015 or Forza 5?

Forza 6, it comes out in ~5 days iirc, and is the correct answer.

IS THIS REAL LIFE?!?

THE WORLD HAS BEEN CHANGED FOREVER!

a3769a91e247daf31b06a8d5f30948b1899d8e848fcaf5d295e9e87448adbb50.jpg

Am I the only person who picked up Metal Gear? Whoever hasn't is missing out.

Do I need to have played the previous Metal Gears? It sure sounds like a great game, but I've heard I wouldn't understand a lick of the story.

Do I need to have played the previous Metal Gears? It sure sounds like a great game, but I've heard I wouldn't understand a lick of the story.

Honestly not really, there's a 5 min catchup for big boss that I posted on here that I'd recommend but I don't really think you need to have played everything before. The timeline of the games is wonky as shit and this is kind of right in the middle so theres fan service to people who pick up on some things. But honestly the best part of the game is the game play and the world. I've talked to lots of people where this is their first Metal Gear game and they love it. Metal Gear is confusing to everybody longtime fans or not. This game is less story focused then the rest of the series and there aren't massive cut scenes like there were in 4.

Witcher 3 is 30% off on Steam this weekend.

Episode 29 of MGS5 is one of the most frustratingly difficult levels I've ever played.

More difficult than "Hakuna Matata" on Lion King? That damn waterfall

Never played it so I watched a video, holy hell that waterfall looks like a pain in the ass. But to me yeah probably. Took me 6 times and I had to eventually look up a video on how to just cheese it and even then I died twice.

Forza 6 is out tomorrow. It's getting good reviews and the graphics are amazing.

Forza 6 is out tomorrow. It's getting good reviews and the graphics are amazing.

This is the game that's finally going to get me to buy a current gen console.

Back