• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

And just like that it finally worked.

7 yo turns 8 next month. He's been asking for awhile now and thanks to living in coronAmerica wwe decided to pull the trigger. Convo at bed time last night.

Punctuation is accurate.

Dad, I know I probably won't get a Nintendo Switch for my birthday because it costs a lot of money but if I don't I'm going to ask santa for Christmas because at least he can just make it and not have to buy it. If I don't get it for Christmas... <sigh> I'll probably just stop asking.

Seems like a cool kid, glad you got your hands on one for him!

Seems like a cool kid, glad you got your hands on one for him!

He's awesome. May have posted elsewhere but same kid on Father's Day morning came in to the bedroom while I was sort of sleeping in. He begins peppering me with random questions "in a zombie apocalypse would you rather ride a bike or a horse? Would you rather wear a hat in the sun or shoes?" He would flip between that and making up knock knock jokes. "Knock knock. who's there? Rex. Rex. Rex who? T rex hug (making his arms short) at one point he jumps up, runs out of the room closing the door. Comes back in a moment later closing the door. What was that? "I had to fart. Since its father's day I left it outside the room"

Now just need to decide on games. Think mario cart will be fun. Not sure what else. He currently has been playing some stuff on ps4. Minecraft, little big planet, lego avengers, star wars infinity. He wants to try to solo jedi fallen order (we played several levels together and was much better than I expected) but I loaned it to my niece pre covid.

And just like that it finally worked.

7 yo turns 8 next month. He's been asking for awhile now and thanks to living in coronAmerica wwe decided to pull the trigger. Convo at bed time last night.

Punctuation is accurate.

Dad, I know I probably won't get a Nintendo Switch for my birthday because it costs a lot of money but if I don't I'm going to ask santa for Christmas because at least he can just make it and not have to buy it. If I don't get it for Christmas... <sigh> I'll probably just stop asking.

Our families are too similar. My 7 year old turns 8 next month. But he already has a Switch.

downloaded No Man's Sky off Game Pass.

im into it but i can't believe almost bought a PS4 for it

steam sale so far

picked up Yakuza 0
pony island, the hex
hitman (2016)
starship titanic
donut country
doom 64 and Doom I/II (Ultimate Doom)
TIS-100
Hacknet
Duskers

played some of Yakuza - digging the story and outlandish fighting so far
starship titanic has not aged that well, tbh. the writing is subpar for adams, tbh. a few chuckles, but mostly from the Python voice acting. got a fair ways in and i'm stuck
all the doom games are still hella fun
probably most excited for Duskers

I've played Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1, and both were very fun games, though I did prefer 0 since it had playable Majima. I played Pony Island several years ago, but it was absolutely a great trip. Not quite as out there as Frog Fractions, but in the realm. Donut County is also a fun, super chill game. Make sure you read all the Trashopedia entries. I picked up some Stellaris DLC, but that is about it so far. May take one more look through.

ETA: I also grabbed Dicey Dungeons. It looks like something I would enjoy and heard good things about it.

maybe if bethesda gets that tv deal money they can feel secure enough to put pride flags on all of their country-specific twitter support accounts next year

maybe if bethesda gets that tv deal money they can feel secure enough to put pride flags on all of their country-specific twitter support accounts next year

Hilarious. Risking someone being put to death over a social media icon is always funny.

yeah, uh, wasn't trying to be funny there, boss

if you're unwilling to take that stand, maybe don't put the flag in any of your corporation's twitter logos. only doing it for ones where queer lives already matter reeks of superficial corporate opportunism

I don’t think we need to debate our friend DCDeacon about the ills of multi-national capitalism. I don’t think we should expect him to instruct social media managers to break their country’s laws in order to take a stand.

hopefully the writers on westworld will not be the writers on the Fallout show. Vince Gilligan would be perfect. Perfect blend of funny and dark

Is ring fit adventure any different than just exercising?

I zwift and it’s ok, but would rather be outside.

Back