• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I don't understand anything about what you said or the description given on Steam. So I very eagerly downloaded it to check it out.

I would say that the game itself is broken up into thirds. The first third takes about an hour or so to get through. So don't make a judgement 5 minutes in.

Surprising this thread stalled out around Christmas time. Brief thoughts on the games my kids got for Christmas.

LEGO Ninjago Movie (PS4) - The only LEGO games I've really seen are the old XBox games the boys play at the kids haircut place (Star Wars, Indiana Jones). This game is pretty slick, but it's kind of annoying like the movie.

Rocket League (PS4) - My wife got this because she thought it was a racing game. It's as fun as you all have said. I could never get good at it but it doesn't matter.

Switch - This is a cool machine. Multiplayer is simple. I thought it would be bigger, but the size for the handheld works. Glad they ditched the awkward WiiU style interface. Somehow they made little controllers that work for big and small hands.

Splatoon 2 - This is a good sequel to a fun little game. I'm not big on 3rd person shooters. If I was, I'd really be into this. I expected more of a port, but it's a complete sequel. New weapons, arenas, new story mode, etc.

Arms - Great party game. Very unique fighting game mechanism. Extremely accessible. I've never seen my parents (75 and 67) get into a video game. They loved it and had fun playing with the boys. Lots of different modes, but it would be better with a story mode.

Odyssey - Surprisingly my boys haven't played this much. It looks extremely cool and I'd play probably play it myself if it wasn't for...

Breath of the Wild - Worth every ounce of hype. I don't know how I'm going to make time to play this game. I've played about 6-7 hours and only made it to 6 shrines. There's so much depth and room to explore. I played with my 5 year old on his account and within 5 minutes, he was in some area of the Great Plateau fighting a villain I hadn't even seen.

Breath of the Wild - Worth every ounce of hype. I don't know how I'm going to make time to play this game. I've played about 6-7 hours and only made it to 6 shrines. There's so much depth and room to explore. I played with my 5 year old on his account and within 5 minutes, he was in some area of the Great Plateau fighting a villain I hadn't even seen.

Get ready to get totally fucked. In a good way. The game is delicious. I'm working toward 100% completion in Master Mode, which, as far as koroks go, is a total whore - but it means I will have explored just about every corner of the game.

I started up a 4th play through with my daughter yesterday afternoon and in the first ten minutes, we found a chest that I had never encountered.

Get ready to get totally fucked. In a good way. The game is delicious. I'm working toward 100% completion in Master Mode, which, as far as koroks go, is a total whore - but it means I will have explored just about every corner of the game.

I started up a 4th play through with my daughter yesterday afternoon and in the first ten minutes, we found a chest that I had never encountered.

Jesus christ, 100% completion of koroks is hardcore. I'm at like close to 100 hours and at 200-300 koroks. There's like 900. I think I stopped playing once I got 100% complete of shrines.

Has anyone played the Romance of the Three Kingdoms Series? Such a weird game, but of all video games, I've played that one the most by a factor of like 5. Super easy to waste 15 hours straight.

Jesus christ, 100% completion of koroks is hardcore. I'm at like close to 100 hours and at 200-300 koroks. There's like 900. I think I stopped playing once I got 100% complete of shrines.

How do you see how many hours you’ve played? I’m at 15 or so hours and I’m only at the first divine beast boss.

Just found how much I've played and it's 30 hours. Damn.

Last edited:
How do you see how many hours you’ve played? I’m at 15 or so hours and I’m only at the first divine beast boss.

Just found how much I've played and it's 30 hours. Damn.

I was just guessing. It was alot. I hadn't played a video game for 5 years before playing BoTW. It's just that perfect of a game. I spent alot of time exploring before doing the required things like divine beasts as well.

I might recommend getting the expansion pack and learning the korok mask early, so you don't have to re-explore everything after. However, the expansion pack will give you a map of everywhere on the map you have visited. It's useful, but the game is more pure before you have that info. Once you get that info, you can more easily just comb over every inch.

While Shrine hunting , I ended up missing 5 or so shrines that I shoulda been able to find myself. I was pissed at myself for ultimately cheating and finding them via walkthroughs on the internet. But without that masterpass map it'd be damn near impossible to find, and I even failed to find a few with it.

Started a new game today called Horizon Zero Dawn. It’s pretty awesome so far. And it’s visually stunning. I think this one is going to be a winner.

Started a new game today called Horizon Zero Dawn. It’s pretty awesome so far. And it’s visually stunning. I think this one is going to be a winner.

Heard mostly good things about that. I've got it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Still poking my way through the first playthrough of Nier, along with a bit of Cuphead and Destiny mixed in.

Heard mostly good things about that. I've got it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Still poking my way through the first playthrough of Nier, along with a bit of Cuphead and Destiny mixed in.

Same here, except Xenoblade and Monster Hunter this week.

Back