• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

The Witness is free on Xbox Games with Gold this month. I can't remember the last time a game has made me feel so dumb...

Finally got around to buying AC: Origins. Probably the best AC game. Way better than BotW.

Super late to the PUBG party but I downloaded it for XBONE this weekend and holy shit is it fun.

My 5 year old just beat Breath of the Wild. I gave him a little help here and there but mostly it was just reading when he didn’t understand the words.

That's really cool. Can he help me with Fallout 4, because that game is never ending

Maybe. He’s super smart and he may be a gaming savant although he’s not really that into it.

One of my favorite memories is around Christmas 2015, he and my older so were playing one of the later bosses in Skylanders which they had just gotten for Christmas. We still only had the two characters that came with the box so they would have to start over if both died. My older son died pretty early in the match so my then 3 year old had to finish the battle.

I asked him if he wanted me to play it and he told me no. My oldest was jumping around and screaming behind him. My little guy was focused with nerves of steel and finished the battle.

I had no idea he’d like Breath of the Wild like he did. That game was more for my oldest. The little guy just started out by cutting down trees and selling them. Then he started exploring more and gradually he became laser focused on getting the Master Sword and finishing the game. In the last two weeks or so, he passed me so I couldn’t help him as much. Actually the only two times I took the controller for him were the Lost Woods and Gerudo Yiga Clan hideout.

So is the DLC pack worth it?

If your 5 year old beat botw, you have a legit Doogie Howser on your hands. If he's out there rotating the three abdomen in the camel properly, I would actually be concerned about demon possession.

If your 5 year old beat botw, you have a legit Doogie Howser on your hands. If he's out there rotating the three abdomen in the camel properly, I would actually be concerned about demon possession.

That was the last divine beast he completed. I had completed it about two or three weeks ago. He asked me to help him solve it but I was pretty confident he could do it since he had solved the other three by himself. I made sure he knew about the electrical current. He got the map and he tried and failed to get the hanging treasure chest. At some point after that, I fell asleep and by the time I woke up he had gotten two terminals. It was time for bed and he was rightfully pissed that I bailed on him and then made him stop playing. I felt bad and told him I would help him tomorrow.

The next day, he runs to me after I wake up with the Switch in hand, “Daddy, I’m fighting Thunderblight Ganon!”

I was dumbfounded because it took me awhile to get the upstairs terminals even with help of YouTube videos. I watched him do the boss battle and he was fantastic. I told him about the magnesis trick. He did die a few times and eventually he left to cook and let the master sword recharge. Then he came back and beat him easily.

I didn't cheat much on Breath of the Wild, but I cheated on the Lost Woods and the Gerudo Yiga Clan Hideout

Video Game Thread - Oh, let's do the odyssey!

What’s crazy is the Gerudo hideout was really easy if you have Statis+.

It only took one banana drop and one Statis+ to get through the second time I did it.

The most low key brilliant thing my 5 year old did was to just avoid the Guardians. When he went to Hyrule Castle, he just ran through the Guardians. That’s it. Occasionally he stood between them and moved so they blasted each other. He used Daruk’s protection in a pinch. But he mostly just ran. They can’t hit moving targets. I felt like an idiot for trying the shield move against them every time.

Last edited:
Pretty sure he didn’t. One thing that surprised me if how many things you don’t have to do to ultimately win the game. I think he only saw one or two of the farons. He only beat one Molduga. He didn’t even get one or two of the western towers.

That would be impressive (not that beating the game isn't impressive enough). I remember how hard my first Lynel fight was, I think I died 30+ times.

I avoided the Lynel to get the shock arrows. I tried to fight one in the coliseum and got destroyed. I may go back and try with the Master Sword.

That was the last divine beast he completed. I had completed it about two or three weeks ago. He asked me to help him solve it but I was pretty confident he could do it since he had solved the other three by himself. I made sure he knew about the electrical current. He got the map and he tried and failed to get the hanging treasure chest. At some point after that, I fell asleep and by the time I woke up he had gotten two terminals. It was time for bed and he was rightfully pissed that I bailed on him and then made him stop playing. I felt bad and told him I would help him tomorrow.

The next day, he runs to me after I wake up with the Switch in hand, “Daddy, I’m fighting Thunderblight Ganon!”

I was dumbfounded because it took me awhile to get the upstairs terminals even with help of YouTube videos. I watched him do the boss battle and he was fantastic. I told him about the magnesis trick. He did die a few times and eventually he left to cook and let the master sword recharge. Then he came back and beat him easily.

Nuts. Tell Young Sheldon congrats for me. I am getting pissed trying find the last two terminals in the camel. My 8 year old, who is no dummy, is still on his first divine beast, but that's mostly because I won't let him take the switch from me.

That would be impressive (not that beating the game isn't impressive enough). I remember how hard my first Lynel fight was, I think I died 30+ times.

Yep, this is what happened to me. Lynel crushed me until I got really good at the timed dodge stuff.

Back