• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Picked it up on Saturday evening. It's literally Fallout in space, no easier way to describe it. Not a bad thing, I'm enjoying it. My only complaint is I couldn't customize the controls. I hate that crouch is O and melee is R3. I've mixed that up at least 10 times now and usually results in me meleeing a bystander in the face. Small complaint, all things considered.

yeah, i accidentally give myself health injections constantly

The reviews of Death Stranding are pretty funny. Reminds of when Shenmue came out with crazy hype and an unprecedented open-world environment, only to have you play a bunch of the game working as a forklift operator on a legitimate schedule.

The reviews of Death Stranding are pretty funny. Reminds of when Shenmue came out with crazy hype and an unprecedented open-world environment, only to have you play a bunch of the game working as a forklift operator on a legitimate schedule.

yeah, really

fucking kojima, man

Haven't really been following the game closely, but was generally aware of the mystery and excitement about it. So, surprised to see it is about a UPS guy who delivers packages by hiking over hills and 3D printing bridges, while getting likes on social media for doing a good job. And the game is about 90 hours of delivering packages. Cool.

Haven't really been following the game closely, but was generally aware of the mystery and excitement about it. So, surprised to see it is about a UPS guy who delivers packages by hiking over hills and 3D printing bridges, while getting likes on social media for doing a good job. And the game is about 90 hours of delivering packages. Cool.

the onion's got some funny zingers: Tips For Getting Started On ‘Death Stranding’

To keep track of the story, take note when you meet Heartman, Deadman, and Die-Hardman, which are just some of the actual character names landed upon during a four-year development process

Nioh is a PS+ game this month. I missed it when it was released, but am playing it now. It's a very good Dark Souls style game.

Is the new Star Wars game going to be trash? Hasnt been a good game since KOTR or the original X-wing PC series.

Is the new Star Wars game going to be trash? Hasnt been a good game since KOTR or the original X-wing PC series.

I don't think it will be trash. Respawn has done an excellent single player campaign before with Titanfall 2, and haven't really had a dud yet. Don't know if it'll be the best thing ever, but early demos/feedback looked pretty promising.

Never heard of it so I looked it up and this was the first result:

Though it looks pretty cool, after watching that video I realized I would have a lifetime score of 0 if I ever played it.

*Respawn franchises before they were acquired by EA

maybe, they nailed Apex too for an out of nowhere battle royale game..

I think it's important for this one to do well (and hopefully be good) so it shows EA people actually still want to play single player games (with no microtransactions) and they're worth the effort.. Bioware is also gonna have to bring some real magic with DA4 or something to dig themselves out of the hell hole they're in post-Anthem, what a clusterfuck that was.

Anything worth playing on Apple Arcade? Heading out of the country and will use the free trail if so

Anything worth playing on Apple Arcade? Heading out of the country and will use the free trail if so

I liked the Kings League II, even if it was a bit short and repetitive. With a little better gameplay and open ending it could have been great, but was still worth the effort.

Bleak Sword is entertaining and in bite sized levels that only last 30 seconds or so.

Mini Motorways is the mini metro sequel, a fun management/planning sim.

Overland got good-ish reviews on PC as a XCOM/Walking Dead type game. After a few levels, the controls seemed pretty tough on a phone.

It's definitely worth a try for the free month.

5keus4io0ty31.jpg

so far my experience with XBL Game Pass is like the old days with blockbuster, in a good way:

a few AAA titles available and then a big stack of also-rans and old games I never got around to. I pick it up, play it and see if it's fun. most are just OK, a few gems. some I have to stick with because i don't feel like waiting for a download but turns out it's not bad.

Currently playing through Darksiders 3, which is actually a pretty fun Zelda/Souls mash up. Kind of surprised the series is under the radar. Terrible camera, though.

Dishonored 2 was not that fun.

Back