• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

NUyttbn.gif

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...5d496b3e4b055a6dab23353?kvcommref=mostpopular

'Final Fantasy VII' Is Officially Coming To iPhone

"Final Fantasy VII" is coming to the iPhone.

The iconic Japanese video game will hit the U.S. App Store at 11:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday, developer Square Enix announced with a YouTube video (above). The release, an iPhone and iPad-ready version of the hit PC game, will feature touch controls and an option for turning off random encounters, according to Kotaku.

The original "FF VII," which debuted more than 18 years ago in Japan, was a tremendous hit among gamers, selling over 9 million copies and spawning a series of spinoff titles, including a straight-to-DVD feature film sequel called "Advent Children" and a PlayStation Portable prequel game called "Crisis Core."

Earlier this summer, Square Enix announced plans to release a modern remake of "FF VII" for PlayStation 4.

The trailer for the upcoming PS4 version has sent fans around the globe into a frenzy, though no official release date has been announced yet.

Well, at least now you can play it on your iPhone while you wait.

Yeah... there is a distressingly large number of games that I'd like to play coming up in the next 6-9 months. XCOM, Fallout, Rock Band, Tomb Raider, Battlefront, NHL (hopefully better this year), probably Halo... A good problem to have I guess, compared to last year, but I'll definitely need to prioritize.

This is worth a watch if you were interested in the game but didn't feel like dishing out $60 for it. I was very curious but really didn't want to pay $60 knowing that MGS is right around the corner and wouldn't feel like I'd get my value out of it per se. I think it's a fascinating game a lot like Heavy Rain. Great twists and turns the entire time, there's a second video of this same guy doing the second part of the play through till the end and I'm about 30 min away from the end. To me it's almost like watching a really long movie or a tv series. There are other youtubers covering this game and some of them don't have commentary if you're into that.

So the BlackOps3 beta is really, really good. It's a lot of fun to play without all the exo-crap from Advanced Warfare. Graphics are sharper and hit detection is much better. I think my plan is just to buy Call of Duty every three years when Treyarch gets it.

So the BlackOps3 beta is really, really good. It's a lot of fun to play without all the exo-crap from Advanced Warfare. Graphics are sharper and hit detection is much better. I think my plan is just to buy Call of Duty every three years when Treyarch gets it.

Where do I get a beta code?

You don't need one. The PS4 beta was last week, and the XB1 beta ends today, hopefully midnight so I can play some more.

I finally got tired of the piece of garbage that COD:Advanced Warfare is, and also accepted that I just didn't have any desire to finish the other 70% of AC:Unity, so I traded them both in and picked up Sunset Overdrive, and it's just the type of game I've been looking for. I think I realized that lately none of the games I played were actually "fun" and Sunset Overdrive is a welcome change. I love the color palette and the pop culture references thrown in. Anybody else played this one? It's exclusive to XB1

I finished Shadows of Mordor recently. The game was really fun at first but became repetitive by the end. It felt a lot like a mix between Assassin's Creed and Batman which isn't a bad thing.

I haven't looked but it has to use the same combat engine the Batman games use because all the moves are the same including combos. You can also continually jump over most people and never get hit.

I was expecting an epic fight against the black hand and then he just offs himself.

Then it looks like I have to fight Celebrimbor which would have been an interesting plot twist but then he gets possessed by Sauron so now I'm pumped about fighting Sauron.

Then I have to press a few buttons as they appear on the screen and its over. Lame.

I finally got tired of the piece of garbage that COD:Advanced Warfare is, and also accepted that I just didn't have any desire to finish the other 70% of AC:Unity, so I traded them both in and picked up Sunset Overdrive, and it's just the type of game I've been looking for. I think I realized that lately none of the games I played were actually "fun" and Sunset Overdrive is a welcome change. I love the color palette and the pop culture references thrown in. Anybody else played this one? It's exclusive to XB1

I just bought COD: AW because it was on sale this week but I haven't started it yet. Is it the single player or multiplayer (or both?) that's garbage?

Back