• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I think there's still a fair amount of people on in the remastered version. I was going to co-op with a friend of mine, but he's like level 132 or something ridiculous, and I'm 36, so we can't match up. I'll give a random summon a shot or two. Now that I've learned the mechanics and have really upped my vitality and endurance I can deal with the game much, much better. Although I still die a lot from falling off ledges because of the abysmal camera in this game.

IIRC, if you guys wear a certain ring set to a certain diety, your level range allowance is much larger.

Just finished God of War. Probably a top 10 game of all time and definitely one of the best stories in a game.

Mushroom Wars 2 is my new iOS time killer. Holy hell what a stupid little game that is so much fun

I allowed my son to start playing Skyrim recently and he is really enjoying it. That's a great game, I may have to play a few hours for nostalgia's sake.

ah, to be young and new to Bethesda titles again

also, saw this and variants:

oh-todd_c_7233592.jpg

Dead Cells is good if anyone was thinking about getting it. Got it for Switch. Some reviews complain about lag/frame rate but I haven't found it to be a problem at all, even when playing on the tv.

Finally wrapped up God of War over the weekend. A lot of fun to play, and the story was pretty good, but 2 issues I had with it were: 1: The story is just a fraction of an arc, so it kind of felt like you only got 1/3 to 1/2 of a game. 2: Probably my biggest issue was the lack of big time boss fights that have made this series what it is. Killing a bunch of nameless ogres and trolls doesn't really do much for me, especially when I was expecting to be battling Norse gods the entire game. Overall though, still very much on par with the others, and I look forward to the sequels it has set itself up for.

Now, on to Spiderman.

So far, couple hours in, I really like Spiderman. If you played Batman, it will feel VERY familiar, but in a good way, I think. Moving through the world is really fun. They nailed web-swinging feel. Combat is very much the same combat puzzles of dodging, attacking, stealth attacks, combos, etc.

Fortnite is allowing crossplay. Season 6 is about to be lit.

Fortnite is allowing crossplay. Season 6 is about to be lit.

Actually, Sony is allowing crossplay because Epic and Fortnite (among others) have almost forced them to. Epic has wanted crossplay from the beginning.

Hmmm, never heard of this "World of Warcraft" game. Maybe I'll just check it out and play for a little while...

Dude, you jest, but World of Warcraft is one of only two games I've ever heard of that have actually verifiable ruined people's lives. There was talk back in the day of a few people falling into the Everquest hole, but I would wager that there is no other game on earth that has negatively impacted people's lives to the magnitude that World of Warcraft has.

Just following up, but check out this recent post from /r/NoWow

Hi all, I don't even know where to start and even if I knew I'd rather spare you all. Basically I have been playing on and off since 2006 (vanilla Days). Took a long break at the peak of my addiction from 2008 until 2013 due to University (with obvious summer relapses in between). I re-started at the end of Legion and got into a very hard cycle of waking up, going to wow first thing in the morning, then stopping maybe at 3-5am. It sucks. I did the first maybe 3 weeks of BfA but it was escalating too much. So I created a random email and password, took note of the account details and changed my battle.net account to the new email account. The details I left overseas in another house which only I have access to.

9 days off. The first week was alright. But these two days started to take an emotional toll. I am feeling this huge sadness and emptiness. Also feeling lonely as hell even though I am married. However my wife is currently pretty distant. I probably triggered that distance when I decided to overplay wow. It really sucks.

Been doing the gym but not even that is helping me tackle all these withdrawal symptoms.

You know, I grew up gaming in all sorts of consoles. Atari, mega drive, N64, NES, you name it. However, I found out that I simply don't enjoy gaming anymore due to finding all games boring and tedious. With the exception of wow (of course). So my problem is not with gaming, but only with wow.

I am trying... Trying .. but the emptiness is unreal.

I work with drug addicts on a regular basis. This is so real.

Back