• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

people that paid for championship tickets on day 1 must feel like shit.

also serena...not too humble in the postgame interview.

Long-shot victory for the ages. Vinci is 32 and has played in 68 grand slam tourneys (many as a qualifier) and had never advanced past the quarters. Also, she looked to be on the downside as Vinci had only made it out of the 1st round twice in her last 7 majors. She also was 0-3 against Serena heading into this match. Crazy!

Worst match I can ever recall watching. Serena didn't play tennis. She tried to hit winners on just about every shot. What garbage....

And her hype game was transparent and weak.

Headed out to Flushing to watch Serena today after finding tickets on Stubhub for only $12! She didn't play great, Vinci played out of her mind in the third set though

Serena was quite the butt hurt sore loser in her press conference. Losing might be karma for acting like a screaming lunatic after every point in the middle of the 3rd set.

Serena was quite the butt hurt sore loser in her press conference. Losing might be karma for acting like a screaming lunatic after every point in the middle of the 3rd set.

Serena is likely the best woman's tennis player of all time. That said, I am glad she got beat. Upsets are good for all sports.

Serena is likely the best woman's tennis player of all time. That said, I am glad she got beat. Upsets are good for all sports.

Serena winning the calendar slam would have been much better for tennis.

Djokovic is playing well....good lord

djoker just dominating the number 9 player in the world. this isnt lorenzi.

Match was a total joke. I'd put the upset on par with probably the biggest upsets in all of sport, not just tennis, especially given what was riding on the match. As an aside, Patrick McEnroe is the biggest star fucker in the commentary world. Can't stand him, his analysis, and really everything about him.

Just watched the Fed match. Stan didn't bring his game but Fed was nearly flawless after the first couple of service games. He's just so damn smooth.

Fed has cruised this whole tournament. Will be interesting to see if he can crack Djokovic on Sunday. Have to think fatigue won't be the factor it has been in some of his recent late runs in slams

Just watched the Fed match. Stan didn't bring his game but Fed was nearly flawless after the first couple of service games. He's just so damn smooth.

It's strange just how graceful he is out there. It's great to watch. Sucks that it's the same day as NFL week 1

Back