• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

I agree. Fed is playing his best tennis in quite a while. Hope he takes it to the Djoker!

Serena is likely the best woman's tennis player of all time. That said, I am glad she got beat. Upsets are good for all sports.

Gonna disagree. Serena is the best female by a wide margin.
Her serve is the best weapon in female history.

Until Serena Graf's forehand was the best shot ever for a female.

Gonna disagree. Serena is the best female by a wide margin.
Her serve is the best weapon in female history.

Until Serena Graf's forehand was the best shot ever for a female.

She has a good serve but she's not even the best server on tour right now.

She has a good serve but she's not even the best server on tour right now.

She had a let down in the Open. Failing to get a calendar slam is a failure for Serena!!!
She is still the best and has been for many years.

She had a let down in the Open. Failing to get a calendar slam is a failure for Serena!!!
She is still the best and has been for many years.

I'm not saying she's not the best female player on tour. I'm just saying her serve isn't light years ahead of the rest of the tour.

Serena vs Venus received a 4.8 Nielsen rating and that night was the second highest rating all time for tennis on ESPN. For comparison, Alabama vs Wisconsin season opener football game on ABC received a 4.3 rating.

rafi any news on the womens final rating? cant imagine it was any good.

rafi any news on the womens final rating? cant imagine it was any good.

I couldn't find it with a quick search. Maybe it doesn't come out until Monday? I think you're likely correct.

I'm going with Novak in 4. Pulling for Fed though.

Graf's overall grand slam title count is highly inflated. Monica Seles was kinda owning her in those slam finals apart from Wimbledon. Seles would have at least won 8 more had she not been stabbed. She was just destroying everyone.

Back