• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

this second set is so good that I'm not even tempted to switch over to football

This is the first I've heard of this Fed sneak attack thing but what a mindfuck

It's pretty unbelievable that Fed has only won 1 major in the last 5 years. Because he is still a hell of a tennis player

Damn. Fed is doing everything he can to break Djokovic except win break points. 3/17 now

Like 4/10. Much better than Fed..

This is turning into a repeat of the Wimbledon final

Djokovic knows how to turn a potential epic into a rout quick. So good right now

Since she got so much love last night, just wanted to jump in here and say how happy it makes me that Eva Asderaki got a men's final and that she absolutely killed it - one of the best officiating performances I've ever seen.

Eva is one of the truly good people in tennis. Unlike a lot of the top umpires, she doesn't have an ego or feel the need to put on a show. She's a sincerely nice, down to Earth person who just goes out there and does a good job. What Serena did to her on court a few years ago was a shame, and I'm glad she got the opportunity to redeem herself on the biggest stage.

Now why a Grand Slam final has two crews of line umpires that force the chair umpire to make >10 overrules is a different story....

For those who actively play tennis, any good recs on some new tennis shoes? I've just recently started playing again, all on hard courts, and have been wearing basically running shoes and they are getting torn up pretty quick. I've always kind of drug the toe of my shoe when playing all kinds of sports but typically when I've bought specialized shoes (cleats, basketball shoes) they have lasted a lot longer. I'd rather not break the bank on a new pair of tennis shoes but do want some that are durable, comfortable, etc. Thanks!

Never wear running shoes if you play a decent amount of tennis. Terrible ankle support, the shoes get torn up, and it isn't great for the court either as they tend to leave markings. You can't go wrong with Adidas Barricades. They were the only shoes I wore back when I played a lot. I'd wear through all other tennis shoes in a month or two, whereas Barricades lasted like 9+ months. I believe the other shoes have caught up in the last several years though but Barricades are still up there if not the best. A little on the pricey side but it's worth it and they have cheaper versions out there too.

For those who actively play tennis, any good recs on some new tennis shoes? I've just recently started playing again, all on hard courts, and have been wearing basically running shoes and they are getting torn up pretty quick. I've always kind of drug the toe of my shoe when playing all kinds of sports but typically when I've bought specialized shoes (cleats, basketball shoes) they have lasted a lot longer. I'd rather not break the bank on a new pair of tennis shoes but do want some that are durable, comfortable, etc. Thanks!

I've had good luck with Babolat shoes for the last few years. Running shoes don't give you lateral support and they'll mark up a tennis court.

http://www.tennisexpress.com/babolat-mens-propulse-bpm-all-court-tennis-shoes-gray-and-blue-43257

Thanks for the recommendations, had been looking at some of the Nike shoes out but I'm going to give these a look as well now.

I played Baricades for years but switched to Nike vapors when I got some on sale. Probably will not switch back when this pare wears out.

If you (or anyone here) live near High Point, follow Team Connection. They have supplied some teams I coached in the past and often have a couple of warehouse sales per year. They usually have high end shoes half off.

Back