• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

I'm not even a huge Djok fan (much prefer Fed and Wawrinka) but really want him to win one at RG. Never liked Rafa, mostly because I love Fed so much.

I'm not even a huge Djok fan (much prefer Fed and Wawrinka) but really want him to win one at RG. Never liked Rafa, mostly because I love Fed so much.

The highest ranked player on the Joker's side of the draw now is Tsonga. They have faced each other twice in the French. Joker won both times; the last time in 2014. and Joker won 6-1, 6-4, 6-1. Djokovic will never have an easier path.

I used to not be able to stand Rafa, but I've really come around on him over the past five years.

The highest ranked player on the Joker's side of the draw now is Tsonga. They have faced each other twice in the French. Joker won both times; the last time in 2014. and Joker won 6-1, 6-4, 6-1. Djokovic will never have an easier path.

And Tsonga had to retire with an injury in the first set today.

What the f is up with this rain. Everytime I've tuned in the last week (only a handful, admittedly) it's been raining. It's harshing my traditional holiday tennis watching buzz.

What the f is up with this rain. Everytime I've tuned in the last week (only a handful, admittedly) it's been raining. It's harshing my traditional holiday tennis watching buzz.

Yeah, it sucks. First completely rained out day since 2000. It's been suggested that one round on the men's side be abbreviated to best of 3 sets.

Is Andy Murray always this whiny when he plays or just when losing?

he is usually whiny and get worse when he is losing. the faking injury is always a possibility when he is losing too

I believe the correct British parlance is that he's a wanker.

Djokovic on his way to being GOAT. Very good chance to get the calendar slam this year (and maybe a Golden slam). He will be the favorite in the last two Slams, and will be ranked #1 for awhile. Better health than anyone on tour; he could pass Fed in 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Marcus Willis story line this week was pretty great. Willis is a journeyman British player who was best known for being overweight and having the nickname "Cartman" because of his appearance. In a challenger this year he drank an RC Cola and ate a snickers during a third set (the video is fantastic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNoIw2Z3Ri0). He won a special British qualifier to make the Wimby qualifiers, then won 3 matches in qualifying to make the main draw. He then won his first match and then lost to Federer on center court. His prize money this year prior to Wimbledon was $356, and he won about $62,000 for making the second round at Wimbledon.

Back