• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

Somehow I had completely forgotten about Gustavo Kuerton. That dude was a boss.

I wonder more on hard courts where you see the guys slide so much now. Seems like ankles should be rolling left and right. At least clay is meant to be slid on.

Clay is actually much easier on your knees and ankles. I don't understand how Monfils makes it through a hardcourt match without hurting himself with the way he slides.

Bump for Wimbledon! Really think about eight dudes could win it. I hope Fed gets one more.

I would be stunned if anyone outside of Djokovic, Murray or slight chance of Federer wins it

This the correct answer. I think Djokovic continues to dominate like he was before Stan got in the way.

Also, I'm watching Nishikori play and it's pretty to cool to see him playing so well. I remember watching him a couple years ago on a side court at the Winston-Salem Open in front of about 20 people when he was relatively unknown.

Off the top of my head, these men have won a major:
Fed
Nadal
Djokovic
Wawrinka
Murray
Hewitt (just lost in 1st round)
Cilic
Del Potro (injured frequently, not in tournament)

Off the top of my head, these men have won a major:
Fed
Nadal
Djokovic
Wawrinka
Murray
Hewitt (just lost in 1st round)
Cilic
Del Potro (injured frequently, not in tournament)

That's everybody. Watch out for Nishikori at Wimbledon.

nishi pulled out of his last event in germany with injury.

tough way for Hewitt to go out. Pretty sure he said this was his last wimbledon

It is his last Wimbledon. And I actually think it was a pretty fitting way to go out, 11-9 in the fifth set, fighting back after losing the fourth set 6-0. He was always best known for being a fighter.

You have to keep in mind he was only 1-6 this year coming into Wimbledon, so this was arguably the best match he's played all year

4 years in a row Nadal is out early to a 100+ ranked player. Let the "Is Nadal done?" debate begin again.

4 years in a row Nadal is out early to a 100+ ranked player. Let the "Is Nadal done?" debate begin again.

It depends on what sense you mean "done". If you're asking whether he will ever win a major other than the French again, I would say no. That said, he is ranked in the top 10 with basically only six months worth of points. Almost point he earns the rest of the year is a point gained, he has nothing to defend. I would be shocked if he's not back in the top 5 by the end of the season (barring further injuries)

Agreed. And I don't think he is done, but inevitably after losses like this there is always a discussion of whether or not a player is still dominate. Nadal will still be a favorite at the French next year, but not at the other majors.

Nadal himself said in his post match interview that he is not sure he can get back to the same level he was at.

Dustin Brown showed no fear in that match except for maybe the first match point on Nadal's serve. That was a fun match to watch.

Back