• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

17 year-old US born Amanda Anisimova has come out of nowhere to dominate the French Open. AA has not lost a set in reaching the semi-finals, including today's 6-2 6-4 win over #3 player in the world Simona Halep. Anisimova had never won a match in the French Open or any other Major before this year (she did get the 4th round of the Australian Open in January), and was ranked #51 in the world heading into the French Open. Her older sister played U of Penn.

636560521627860987-bnp-paribas-mar-7-2018-2.jpg

Very disappointed in Federer today. I know he’s 37 and the conditions are shit but he’s missed sooo many opportunities playing way too conservatively. Then pissing away a service game up 40-0 on serve in the second set. Just so bad (considering his standards). Part of me wonders why he’s even playing the French given his success skipping it the last couple years.

Very disappointed in Federer today. I know he’s 37 and the conditions are shit but he’s missed sooo many opportunities playing way too conservatively. Then pissing away a service game up 40-0 on serve in the second set. Just so bad (considering his standards). Part of me wonders why he’s even playing the French given his success skipping it the last couple years.

I didn't get to watch, but it sounds like Nadal just dominated. Not surprising, given how absolutely dominant he is on clay. Looks like Thiem-Djokovic will be a good one. Thiem is a beast.

Nadal should just play this one tournament every year during retirement. He could end up with 20+ French Open championships.

some bootleg John Isner just took down Stanimal

US women putting out way more interesting young talent than the men

I still miss the old Court 1. Got to see a bit of the old Wimpleton there many many years ago. Like the end of a Zina Garrison or Conchita Martinez match (or a Zina Garrison v. Conchita Martinez match - I feel like Conchita Martinez was involved but I am less sure about Garrison), and then the beginning of a mixed doubles match featuring Steffi Graf. It was cool.

Kid is fn huge. He moved a lot better than Isner. Was really impressive.

I haven't checked scores, but I assume it must be Opelka? I'm pretty sure he's the tallest pro player ever.

I haven't checked scores, but I assume it must be Opelka? I'm pretty sure he's the tallest pro player ever.

Yeah. 1st I’ve ever seen of him. Impressed me more with his movement than most big guys.

Nadal v Kyrgios tomorrow at ~11:15. Should be entertaining.

wait, is now unacceptable to aim at the chest of a player at the net?

Back