• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

Brian Boland, the coach of Baylor (and formerly UVA), stepped down today. Odd move. Baylor with Boland was one of our main competitors for top program in the country.

ACC tennis and golf cancelled this Fall. this seems ridiculous when they are allowing contact sports like football.

ACC tennis and golf cancelled this Fall. this seems ridiculous when they are allowing contact sports like football.

meh, the fall season is glorified exhibitions anyway, right? the championships are in the spring semester

Cincinnati Masters is starting today in NYC. The biggest change is that there will be no line judges. Hawkeye will make a sound when the ball is out.

Most of the top men's players showed up but women's side is missing 6 of the top 10 players. Not a coincidence that 3 of the four that showed up are American.

Watching some of the US Open first round and it’s so strange with zero people in the stands at Arthur Ashe. Andy Murray has had a drastic fall from the top. This Nishioka kid from Japan who is beating him handily looks pretty good!

Watching some of the US Open first round and it’s so strange with zero people in the stands at Arthur Ashe. Andy Murray has had a drastic fall from the top. This Nishioka kid from Japan who is beating him handily looks pretty good!

Murray has missed most of the last couple of seasons with major hip injuries. He hasn't been 100% in years.

Who do you all have winning it all? Djokovic is obviously the favorite, and probably Osaka for the women. I'll go with Rublev and Kenin.

Very glad Isner lost as well.

I think Djokovic is the favorite but who knows with the lack of a crowd. I think he certainly gets a boost knowing they usually don't pull for him.

Osaka or Kenin for the women. But the womens tour is pretty competitive at the top so it wouldn't be a surprise if some unknown were to win.

I'm not a tennis expert by any means, but I am super experienced in playing for no audience. This is definitely weird to watch with no crowd.

How about JJ Wolf from Ohio State with two solid wins to make the third round. I remember when Petros dismantled him in the national championship (but who didn't Petros dismantle?).

Back