• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

Federer will crack if Murray can get the match to 5 sets. Murray needs to win the 2nd set, which appears to be heading for tie-break.

Fed looks good. He will challenge Djok.

Murray is very easy to cheer against.

What's the closest we've gotten to a grand slam in anything lately? The Tiger slam? Hard to see Serena losing at the US Open to tie Graf

Serena dominant after a shaky start.

Ugh, wow. Ever since I posted that, Serena has fallen apart.

Federer won 3 of the 4 in 2004, 2006, and 2007 and Serena's held them at at once, just not in the same calendar year. That's the closest I think since Graf did it in 1988.

I remember when Venus first started playing in the major tournaments and her father was telling everyone to just wait, because her sister was even better. Serena is incredible.

Serena has to be remarkably one of the most underrated athletes of all time. She is on a completely different level than every other woman playing the game, but doesn't get the widespread respect that deserves. Probably due in part to her personality, past faux pas, etc. She's not exactly the lovable figure that Federer is

Probably due in part to her personality, past faux pas, etc. She's not exactly the lovable figure that Federer is

And to be fair, probably in part due to the fact that it's tennis, which is kind of a niche sport.

Serena has to be remarkably one of the most underrated athletes of all time. She is on a completely different level than every other woman playing the game, but doesn't get the widespread respect that deserves. Probably due in part to her personality, past faux pas, etc. She's not exactly the lovable figure that Federer is
And, well, she's a woman.

Federer will crack if Murray can get the match to 5 sets. Murray needs to win the 2nd set, which appears to be heading for tie-break.

Federer is the all time best in the men's game. He doesn't crack much against a guy like Murray. Even if he is getting older.

I remember when Venus first started playing in the major tournaments and her father was telling everyone to just wait, because her sister was even better. Serena is incredible.

Serena is absolutely the best and in the next year to 18 months will pass Margaret Court to officially have the record.

What a tiebreaker. Huge stones by Fed to come back there.

This men's final is phenomenal.

Back