• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

That was fun. Federer staves off 7 set points.

Is Djokovic OCD? He bounces the ball so many times before each serve, it's kind of annoying.

djoker used to have real problems bouncing the ball up to 15 times before the serve. he has really cut that back but he does seem to be bouncing it more as this match goes on

Unscientific observation but it seems the tighter a match gets, the more Djokovic bounces the ball.

Federer is routinely just massively mishitting some shots.

Djokovic is kind of a d-bag.

Djokovic wins. 3rd/4th sets were a huge letdown after the 1st two.

Djokovic wins. 3rd/4th sets were a huge letdown after the 1st two.

Agreed. The first two sets were awesome, but the last two Djokovic was just better. Very few mistakes yet he was still hitting really hard. He's so fast too.

I'm over Murray. I was pulling for him to win Wimbledon but now that he's won it, I don't really care if he wins another major.

Its interesting that they hype the big four so much but Wawrinka has as many slams at this point as Murray.

noah in 3rd set in the newport grass court tourney

I'm over Murray. I was pulling for him to win Wimbledon but now that he's won it, I don't really care if he wins another major.

Its interesting that they hype the big four so much but Wawrinka has as many slams at this point as Murray.

I see where you are going, but I do think there is a pretty big difference.

Outside his two wins, Murray has lost in 6 finals and been to 9 other semis.

Outside of his two wins, Stan has been to 0 finals and 2 semis.

I think Djok can reach 14 titles, like Sampras and Nadal. Nadal probably has a couple more French wins in him, though.

Crazy to think Fed, Djok, and Rafa could end up 1-2-3 and stay there for a long time.

Didn't realize Bjorg was 11-1 in Wimbledon and French finals and never won the US (0-4 in finals) or Australian (no finals appearances). Odd to see someone so nasty on Grass and Clay but more mediocre on Hard.

Crazy to think Fed, Djok, and Rafa could end up 1-2-3 and stay there for a long time.

Didn't realize Bjorg was 11-1 in Wimbledon and French finals and never won the US (0-4 in finals) or Australian (no finals appearances). Odd to see someone so nasty on Grass and Clay but more mediocre on Hard.

They've changed the court surfaces so much to make the game more entertaining that it lets dudes rack up more majors as all the surfaces are all much more similar, that is, slower. It used to be super slow French, slow hard court Aussie, fast Wimbledon, super fast US. They've slowed down the 3 non-French in major ways to eliminate the serve and volley dominance with quick points to give us instead the 30 shot rally slug-fests.

Borg was really unique in his success in the French and Wimbledon tho.

Good point on the court changes. I remember when Pete played Goran in the most boring final ever. I believe the ball was only in play for like 10 minutes or something ridiculously low. That led to people calling for a change in the courts.

Other side note. Remember Thomas Muster? That dude was a boss on the clay.

Back