• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

Such a disappointing performance from Tsitsipas. Dumbass Djokovic can’t even enter the country and the door is wide open for these younger guys and they are just doing nothing.

We don’t have anybody who looks like a slam winner yet but it’s nice to see a good group of young Americans on the men’s side.

We don’t have anybody who looks like a slam winner yet but it’s nice to see a good group of young Americans on the men’s side.

Names? Not pushing back...just want to know who to look out for

Is Serena the most dominant athlete ever?

Yes.

Yes.

Given the nature of golf, I think it's hard to argue to that Tiger wasn't as dominant as any athlete ever. I great batting percentage in baseball is .300, a great winning percentage in golf is .100, at Tiger's prime he was well above that.

Seb Korda and Jenson Brooksby are probably the most promising young Americans. Brandon Holt and Emilio Nava, the brother of Wake grad Eduardo Nava, are also worth keeping an eye on. And there are a bunch of veterans who are still relatively young like Jack Sock, Frances Tiafoe, and Reilly Opelka.

Fritz, Tiafoe, Opelka, Brooksby and Paul are all in the top 50. Guess we’ll take half credit for Maxime Cressy as well since he’s “French-American”. Somehow Tiafoe is only 24 he’s like one of those college guys that seemingly has played 10 seasons.

Seb Korda and Jenson Brooksby are probably the most promising young Americans. Brandon Holt and Emilio Nava, the brother of Wake grad Eduardo Nava, are also worth keeping an eye on. And there are a bunch of veterans who are still relatively young like Jack Sock, Frances Tiafoe, and Reilly Opelka.

Good call on Korda, forgot about him.

Yes.
899895396.jpg

Brooksby beat Borna Coric in straight sets and Brandon Nakashima is about to take down Dimitrov in straight sets.

Probably as many good "young" Americans right now knocking on the door as anytime in recent memory. Fritz and Opelka probably have the highest ceiling due to their serve and first ball forehand, but they need to stay healthy, and be mentally stronger. Tommy Paul and Korda right behind them. Korda probably with the higher ceiling. Then I'd go with Brooksby, Tiafoe, and Nakashima. All of those guys have top 20 potential easy.

Probably as many good "young" Americans right now knocking on the door as anytime in recent memory. Fritz and Opelka probably have the highest ceiling due to their serve and first ball forehand, but they need to stay healthy, and be mentally stronger. Tommy Paul and Korda right behind them. Korda probably with the higher ceiling. Then I'd go with Brooksby, Tiafoe, and Nakashima. All of those guys have top 20 potential easy.

If you count Maxime Cressy, then put him up there, too. It is amazing that in 6 years he has gone from unable to crack the lineup at UCLA to #32 in the world. Keep an eye on JJ Wolf and Ben Shelton, too (both are fun to watch).

Nakashima is booooring

Cressy serve-and-volley is fun

Tiafoe is my guy

Of the tall, big-serve Americans Fritz is my favorite but in general the Isner/Cilic-style of play is my least favorite in tennis

Back