• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

11693813_10153156561453732_2086860908281936171_n.jpg

The Winston-Salem Open starts tomorrow, with qualifying on Saturday and Sunday and the main draw beginning Monday. The #1 seed is Gilles Simon (ranked #11 in the world), followed by Kevin Anderson (#15), Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (#19), and Viktor Troiki (#20). I really like watching Sat through Mon because there are so many matches going on each session. Looking forward to it!

Taking my daughter for quallies. Do they charge admission for Sat-Sun?

Wake has 5 players in the qualifying (Seraphim, Ho, Bloom, Tabrizi, and Mansouri). The schedule is posted on the site, but the Wake players will have their first matches between 10 am and 1 pm Saturday.

The WSO does charge for qualies, but it's no more than $10. In the past they've done a promotion where you can get in free if you bring canned food for a food drive - not sure if that's the case this year.

And Rubin is not playing the WSO because he's playing qualies for the US Open, which start on Tuesday

Word. I'll be out there supporting some Deacs. Come say what up. I'm the one in the offensive old school Braves shirt with the cute 5 year old.

Mansouri won his first match and then lost to the #101 player in his second. The other 4 deacs lost their matches.

Mansouri and Seraphim are playing doubles in the main draw. I'm looking forward to seeing if they can win a match. They'll likely start Monday.

Decent win for Mansouri given he was down a set and a break I believe, though the guy he beat is a nobody.

No surprise that the Deacs didn't have much success today. Of the ~15 Wake players who have played qualies since we got the tournament, I think they have only won 3 or 4 matches total. Shows what a big gap there is from even the qualies of an ATP tournament to college

Good matches Sunday. Tiafoe v Harrison and Groth v Donaldson should both be good ones.

Hope fed can hang on here and beat djokovic in the cinci open.

Federer irratates me now because he gives no respect to any of the younger players. Sucks that Djokovic is missing only one Masters title and has lost in the final 5 times.

Last edited:
Federer irratates me now because he gives no respect to any of the younger players. Sucks that Djokovic is missing only one Masters title and has lost in the final 5 times.

I haven't heard about this. Do you have examples?

Pretty much every answer he has ever given when asked about Raonic, Dmitrov and the other young guys. Always says how great the current group is and they are not going anywhere anytime soon. As if they can't be beat until they retire.

lol. what of any significance have the young guys won?

When you are consistently beating those guys, which Fed is, there's nothing wrong with saying that they're not at his level right now, which they are not.

Beyond denying Djokovic his Cinci title, Fed's win today was huge for him because it gives him the #2 seed for the U.S. Open, meaning that he won't have to face Djokovic until the final. Had he lost today, he would have been #3

Tiafoe with a nice 3 set win today to qualify for WS Open. He kills his forehand.

Back