• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

Once he gets the mental side down, Tiafoe is going to be a star

It's a little bit of a blanket statement to say it's the players' least favorite, though no doubt some like it less than others do. And a lot of the things that the players used to not like about it (prize money, Super Saturday, etc.) have gotten much better in the past few years

Did the W-S Open not give Noah Rubin at least a WC into qualifying?

Never mind - he's in Flushing Meadows for qualifying.

Last edited:
Was hoping that Rubin would get a later match tomorrow so I could head out to Flushing to watch him. Of course, he's first up instead. Definitely a winnable match for him though

Rubin wins his first round qualifying match. Won the last five games of the second set after being down 5-2 to avoid a split.

He'll play world #97 Guido Pella tomorrow in what will probably be a tough match.

Anybody heading out for the matches this afternoon?

I may try to go tomorrow depending on what the schedule looks like. I have class until 4 and it will take me an hour to get out there, so not sure how much will still be going on

I'm heading to the W-S Open Thursday night. Any advice for a n00b observer?

Catherine Bellis, 16, beat Kimiko Date-Krumm, 44, in U.S. Open Qualifying. For perspective, Date-Krumm was three years into her original retirement when Bellis was born.

Is that the largest age difference in a professional match? I can't imagine much bigger.

Watch some doubles.

This is a good recommendation. Also, watching matches on courts 2 and 3 is fun because you can get closer to the court. There is a food truck called Zekos with mainly Greek sandwiches, but they have two slices of pizza for $6, which is the best deal there. Have fun, it's really a great event!

Back