• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

We had friends over and my wife and the other wife were marveling at how attractive they were. Then Chris Fowler said, “these two marketable young women” and I said, “That’s commentator speak for ‘yeah, they’re attractive.’”

Impressive for both of them to be so young and playing in a major championship. Raducanu seems really mature. She talks like she’s 40. It’s cool to see really young people excel at the highest levels.

Last edited:
I assume Raducanu's hairy legs were the tennis equivalent of a hockey beard. The close-up of the cut on her knee revealed she could grate cheese on her legs if she wanted to.

We had friends over and my wife and the other wife were marveling at how attractive they were. Then Chris Fowler said, “these two marketable young women” and I said, “That’s commentator speak for ‘yeah, they’re attractive.’”

Impressive for both of them to be so young and playing in a major championship. Raducanu seems really mature. She talks like she’s 40. It’s cool to see really young people excel at the highest levels.

Raducanu is also fluent in Mandarin Chinese - she has major star potential.

#1 Djokovic vs #2 Medvedev at 4 pm. Djokovic going for the Grand Slam. Should be fun.

Also, Dylan Alcott is in the men's wheelchair final, which will start at about 2 pm (after the women's final at noon). He's going for the Golden Slam - all 4 majors plus paralympic gold. In the women's final, Diede De Groot is also going for the golden slam!

Last edited:
Djoker looks mentally and physically tired. Let's see if he can push through.

Djoker looks mentally and physically tired. Let's see if he can push through.

I thought he looked that way against Zverev too but ended up still being the better player that day. Even tougher test today though

Alcott and De Groot win golden slams.

Medvedev is playing so well. It seems extremely unlikely Djokovic can come back.

Surprised that Djokovic is getting absolutely leveled. Coming within one match of a calendar Grand Slam has to be excruciating. Also I’d have to look into it but I can’t remember off the top of my head Federer or Nadal getting destroyed in a Slam final like this.

Djokovic uncharacteristically seemed like a bundle of nerves the whole match. He just lost it during that change over.

Surprised that Djokovic is getting absolutely leveled. Coming within one match of a calendar Grand Slam has to be excruciating. Also I’d have to look into it but I can’t remember off the top of my head Federer or Nadal getting destroyed in a Slam final like this.

Looked like he was tired and really felt the pressure.

Looked like he was tired and really felt the pressure.

A couple of years ago Serena said it can be hard when the entire crowd wants you to win. That’s a rarity it tennis. It seemed like Djokovic was feeling that pressure today.

a couple five-setters so far in the men's quarters

fell asleep after two sets of Shapo-Rafa last night -- wish Shapo had finished the comeback

I'm really looking forward to the Nadal - Medvedev final. I hope Rafa can pull it off!

I'm really looking forward to the Nadal - Medvedev final. I hope Rafa can pull it off!

Will be surprised if Medvedev doesn't win. He' a -180 favorite. Nadal will have the crowd which will help. Feel like Rafa needs to get up early to have a legit chance.

I’d like Medvedev win for a few reasons, but the primary one is that no one can realistically argue that it wouldn’t really count because Novak wasn’t there. Medvedev just beat Novak on a hard court to win the last slam. It would also be fun to have him win two in a row and keep the trio tied at 20.

Back