• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

Eh, I’ve shifted on Nick. I used to not like him much, but I tend to root for him now.

He needs to be agitated to play well. If he gets his opponent to go along with him, that’s gravy. I think he mainly does it to pump himself up and I find his antics easier to watch than Nadal’s routines. It’s rare you’ll have an uneventful Kyrgios match.

Eh, I’ve shifted on Nick. I used to not like him much, but I tend to root for him now.

He needs to be agitated to play well. If he gets his opponent to go along with him, that’s gravy. I think he mainly does it to pump himself up and I find his antics easier to watch than Nadal’s routines. It’s rare you’ll have an uneventful Kyrgios match.

I feel the same way, but when he melts down or gives up, it can be painful to watch. He played a great match today. That 3rd set was wild, with Tsitsipas trying to hit Kyrgios any chance he had.

I feel the same way, but when he melts down or gives up, it can be painful to watch. He played a great match today. That 3rd set was wild, with Tsitsipas trying to hit Kyrgios any chance he had.

True. The line between getting agitated and completely losing it is fine.

Yeah, that 3rd set was intense. You know Tsitsipas’ team had to have prepped him over and over to expect the drama and ignore it, but when it came to that set, he couldn’t.

I only watched the first two sets — I thought Tsitsipas looked exceptionally calm while Kyrgios was going on with the ump

surprised to hear it flipped

The switch pretty much flipped on the last shot of the second set when Stef lost the point and almost took out a fan with a ball. Kyrgios called for him to be defaulted and all hell broke loose.

The switch pretty much flipped on the last shot of the second set when Stef lost the point and almost took out a fan with a ball. Kyrgios called for him to be defaulted and all hell broke loose.

Yep. Kyrgios went on for 5 plus minutes about how Tsitsipas should be defaulted. Krygios called for the supervisor because he thought there should be a default. The supervisor disagreed, and Krygios asked for “all the supervisors.”

Eventually the third set started and Tsitsipas tried to peg Krygios whenever he had a chance. In the press conference Tsitsipas was super frustrated and said Krygios is a bully and probably has always been a bully.

Ended up shooting darts with someone for an hour or so, and casually mentioned I went to Wake and turns out he was a former Wake tennis player during the Duncan era that runs some sorta tennis academy out here. Might be time for some lessons

i'm pulling for Kyrgios -- much more interesting player

Nakashima is good but boring

Wimbledon would do well to put more mikes on the court. Seems silly to watch these guys arguing with the judge but you can barely make it out.

ESPN does want a good tv product, right?

Such an odd run from the end of the 4th where he comically tanked it to this 5th where he’s in absolute god mode.

Nadal and American Taylor Fritz are in the midst of an epic 5 set battle.

have it on but haven't been able to watch too closely

impressed that Fritz battled back a few times

Back