• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sam Brownback's Kansas

FuckmouthedRube

Reaction score
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...hreatens_to_defund_judiciary_if_it_rules.html

Brownback ran for President in 2008, but bowed out before Iowa. Left the Senate to become Governor. Implemented a bunch of kooky Tea Party wet dreams and was barely re-elected. His current policies are a preview of what could be expected from Cruz, Santorum, Carson, Huckabee, and potentially Jindal, Walker and Perry. As bad as North Carolina politics have become, thank God for Kansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Texas, Mississippi, and Indiana.

Last edited:
Posted that article in the US GOP thread, but Kansas probably deserves their own thread.

Posted that article in the US GOP thread, but Kansas probably deserves their own thread.

Sorry, didn't see your earlier post. Brownback is pretty scary, but he seemed much more benign than DeMint, Cruz, and Santorum while in the Senate. Bizarre that they think these types of actions are their path to the White House. See also: Jindal and Pence.

10583846_1102783416415889_3260492800761227602_n.jpg

Have you ever noticed that a lot of these tea party states or extremely conservative states are not places where you would ever want to go any way? Who wants to visit Kansas, Alabama, Mississippi, South Dakota, Arkansas, etc? I wonder how much they lose in tourism $$$ by turning folks off with their policies.

Who the hell plans their vacation trips based off a State's politics?

It's still a U.S. state, it's not like you're going to ISIS territory. How much daily interaction do you even have with the political stance of the state you actually live in?

You hear enough shit coming out of these places, why would you want to visit other than for a sporting event and you're there for like 2 hours?

Really? A state's (or nation for that matter) politics factor 0 into where I visit for vacation. Spain has some real fucked up politics...I loved visiting Barcelona.

Have you ever noticed that a lot of these tea party states or extremely conservative states are not places where you would ever want to go any way? Who wants to visit Kansas, Alabama, Mississippi, South Dakota, Arkansas, etc? I wonder how much they lose in tourism $$$ by turning folks off with their policies.

The bigger correlation is major corporations, especially high tech. It's pretty clear why there isn't a Silicon Prairie or Swamp. Business has been way ahead of pols on social issues. Big business pressure in AZ, IN, and AR shut down anti-gay initiatives. Even McCrory's taking heat from business leaders. Jindal's the only Governor who's told big business to fuck off.

Cracked me up when I first heard Obama called a Marxist. Obama was doing a $35K/plate fundraiser in SF. He's in the Bay Area every other month and commies aren't forking over that much cash.

Downtown Lawrence is very college townish. Sort of like Chapel Hill.

It's still a U.S. state, it's not like you're going to ISIS territory. How much daily interaction do you even have with the political stance of the state you actually live in?

Plenty. Come on down to SC sometime. The hate for Obama & the Dems is legendary here as is the sucking off of Gowdy (who I do like). I see a lot of people every day and politics always comes up. Lets just say it gets old.

Plenty. Come on down to SC sometime. The hate for Obama & the Dems is legendary here as is the sucking off of Gowdy (who I do like). I see a lot of people every day and politics always comes up. Lets just say it gets old.

conservatives live everywhere, bruh

Back