• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Summer Thread

Who is the Giants' scout watching?

I would say Chubb for sure. Lee (I think will be a big time prospect with another good year), Janvion, Big Baby could be prospects. I doubt many people on the offensive side of the ball at this point.

I was expecting Tyree Harris to break out this year. Disappointing that he's locked into such a big battle for a starting job.

I would say Chubb for sure. Lee (I think will be a big time prospect with another good year), Janvion, Big Baby could be prospects. I doubt many people on the offensive side of the ball at this point.

Agree w/ others along with maybe Thomas Brown & Kinal, but I doubt an NFL scout is looking at at 5'9 safety

Agree w/ others along with maybe Thomas Brown & Kinal, but I doubt an NFL scout is looking at at 5'9 safety

Not saying he is up to their level but to name some shorter safeties off the top of my head Polamalu (5"10' listed), Swearinger (5"10)', Ed reed (5"11' listed, but probably shorter). Janvion has put up numbers and that will get some sort of attention as scouts wonder why the consistent numbers from a soon to be 3 year starter. Not saying he is a shoe-in to be drafted but simply saying that a scout isn't looking at him cause he is short, I don't buy it. He certainly gets beat too much for me to think he can cover in the NFL. But is always around the ball. Does his height work against him? Maybe. Does it prevent a scout from completely turning a blind eye? Na.

I was expecting Tyree Harris to break out this year. Disappointing that he's locked into such a big battle for a starting job.

The receiver positions are substituted like hockey shifts (plus there are sets with 4 or even 5 on the field). While the #2 QB or Center may not get many (or any) snaps, any receiver in the two deep is going to get a lot of run.

The receiver positions are substituted like hockey shifts (plus there are sets with 4 or even 5 on the field). While the #2 QB or Center may not get many (or any) snaps, any receiver in the two deep is going to get a lot of run.

Of course. It's just looking like it will be easier for Harris to get lost in the shuffle, as opposed to someone like Lewis.

Does anyone have some good practice info to report?

Back