• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Summer Thread

94 -

Whether the two redshirt freshmen (Haynes and Herron) can hang on to win two starting tackle positions might be the most important.

If those 2 guys don't start we're in big trouble. On paper, we still don't have any studs other than these 2....potentially.

94 -

If those 2 guys don't start we're in big trouble. On paper, we still don't have any studs other than these 2....potentially.

Different perspectives depending on whether you are thinking about 2015 or further out. For 2015, I personally don't expect Haynes or Herron to be studs. They're too young and inexperienced. Only had one year in a college program. This past April was the first time that Haynes had ever scrimmaged as an OL at any level. I am just hoping they're serviceable. You might also get a serviceable level of play in 2015 out of Will Smith (at LT) and Dylan Intemann (at RT). Will Smith didn't exactly drown last year when he was thrown into the mix - in fact it was the least bad that our OL played. I am hoping that Smith has continued to develop. At a minimum he could make himself into a very important reserve.

Looking out past 2015 you can start to think about the potential for OT to be a strength. Hopefully. Also keep in mind that by 2016 Nathan Gilliam will be a factor at RT. I think the staff may give him a chance to win a spot on the 2-deep this year. Personally I hope he redshirts though. I think it makes a big difference in what you can accomplish in the weight room.

When does the team begin official practices?

It hasn't been announced, but these schedules don't seem to change much from year-to-year so I would anticipate it will be on or around August 1.

[
Deac94;2166457]Different perspectives depending on whether you are thinking about 2015 or further out.

I thought you were referencing 2015 only.

For 2015, I personally don't expect Haynes or Herron to be studs. They're too young and inexperienced. Only had one year in a college program. This past April was the first time that Haynes had ever scrimmaged as an OL at any level. I am just hoping they're serviceable.

Me neither. IMO, these 2 have the most apparent 'potential'.

You might also get a serviceable level of play in 2015 out of Will Smith (at LT) and Dylan Intemann (at RT). Will Smith didn't exactly drown last year when he was thrown into the mix - in fact it was the least bad that our OL played. I am hoping that Smith has continued to develop. At a minimum he could make himself into a very important reserve.

Right now these 2 are just warm bodies.

Looking out past 2015 you can start to think about the potential for OT to be a strength. Hopefully. Also keep in mind that by 2016 Nathan Gilliam will be a factor at RT. I think the staff may give him a chance to win a spot on the 2-deep this year. Personally I hope he redshirts though. I think it makes a big difference in what you can accomplish in the weight room
]

Gilliam is what I call all frosh....suspects. We hope he'll pan out but we keep our fingers crossed.

I think for once we have legitimate depth on the front 7 and actually the WR position this year. It appears that there are 6-7 WRs that can play this year and contribute. Finding playing time for them will be tough but will finally be a good problem to have.

I get the need to find something to be excited about but the Haynes love around here is a little puzzling. someone on the recruiting thread said he has all-acc potential? wut?

i expect the o-line to be worse without Helms and Ford (who was pretty dreadful himself). i'd put the over/under on Wolford starts around 7

Wake Football: Summer Thread

2b097b3530373185b0a73e16c4331f13.jpg
Check out this shot from the ACC media guide, in the lower right (under the Wake section oddly enough). Let's just say the #goacc hashtag has been replaced...

Last edited:
2b097b3530373185b0a73e16c4331f13.jpg
Check out this shot from the ACC media guide, in the lower right (under the Wake section oddly enough). Let's just say the #goacc hashtag has been replaced...

lol I was just about to post this. I laughed

If they had just had that instead of our actual scores, it would've been even funnier.

Knowing what a pain in the ass a page like that is to produce, I completely understand the author's frustration

Knowing what a pain in the ass a page like that is to produce, I completely understand the author's frustration

I assume it was a job he got paid to complete.

I assume it was a job he got paid to complete.

What a weird response

1. Just because you get paid doesn't mean your job, or parts of it, can't suck

2. Most jobs in sports pay extremely crappy salaries

What a weird response

1. Just because you get paid doesn't mean your job, or parts of it, can't suck

2. Most jobs in sports pay extremely crappy salaries

Ok?
So because parts of your job sucks means you go and make a fool out of your company? (Granted it was funny).

If you don't want a job in this profession then get out (or get fired). But show some professionalism.

Ok?
So because parts of your job sucks means you go and make a fool out of your company? (Granted it was funny).

If you don't want a job in this profession then get out (or get fired). But show some professionalism.

Exactly.

Ok?

I mean it's not like it was done intentionally. It was something probably typed to himself in frustration and then he forgot to take it out and nobody else caught it

I mean it's not like it was done intentionally. It was something probably typed to himself in frustration and then he forgot to take it out and nobody else caught it

That's something you say to yourself, not type, if you want to be successful in that business. But whatever, it was comical.

Dude might want to proof the schedules instead of wasting time venting his frustration. According to GT's schedule, they played NC State twice in the regular season last year & won by 2 different scores. The ACC has a horrible track record finding competent editors.

Back