• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Summer Thread

Sounds like Haynes is going to be a beast.
Pretty rare for a coach to talk that positively about an inexperienced player.
He must be something special.
Anxious to watch him develop.

I'm wondering who asked such a specific question about a guy whom the "outside world" would see as a random redshirt freshman on a weak unit.

For me I'm just hoping to see some improvement on offense this year. Perhaps some more creativity and scheme diversity. Maybe finish like 55th of the 65 power conference offenses instead of dead last by the advanced stats.

I feel pretty confident in the defensive schemes and staff. Once Clawson gets all his guys here in years 4/5 I'm confident the defense will be solid based on Bowling Green 2013 and Wake last year. But obviously the offense is worrying based on Bowling Green's offenses 09-12 and our offense last year.

Guys - I was a little derelict in posting the materials above about Phil Haynes. Those quotes did come from a larger article written by Les Johns on the Rivals site. I think 94 can vouch for the fact that Les has been doing a terrific job on his site. I'd encourage all of you to go over there and check out his work.

For me I'm just hoping to see some improvement on offense this year. Perhaps some more creativity and scheme diversity. Maybe finish like 55th of the 65 power conference offenses instead of dead last by the advanced stats.

I feel pretty confident in the defensive schemes and staff. Once Clawson gets all his guys here in years 4/5 I'm confident the defense will be solid based on Bowling Green 2013 and Wake last year. But obviously the offense is worrying based on Bowling Green's offenses 09-12 and our offense last year.

I also worry about Elko getting a HC or DC position at a better school.

Congrats to Alex Kinal and Brandon Chubb for making the pre-season All ACC team at theacc.com. These 2*star recruits did what non of the 14 3* recruits of their class did not do. Of those, only Intermann is coming back for his 5th year.

Congrats to Alex Kinal and Brandon Chubb for making the pre-season All ACC team at theacc.com. These 2*star recruits did what non of the 14 3* recruits of their class did not do. Of those, only Intermann is coming back for his 5th year.

We've had a staggering attrition rate the past few years.
Lots of reasons - injuries, personal issues/choice, knuckle-head moments, etc - but bottom line, it's tough to last 5 years.

Seems like a long, long time since we've seen anything from Dan.

I anxiously await some good interviews where he shares previously unknown, but much-coveted info about the Deacs

A fair amount of fluctuation in physical measurements over the past few months. Remind me please, what happened to Autry ?

I am reasonably certain that he landed at Itawamba Community College

Even though four-star tight end Bowman Archibald left the program, Wake Forest has terrific depth at the position -- starting with Cam Serigne.

Eh ?

The depth is a kid who has caught 7 passes and a former LB guy learning the position.

Back