• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 NBA Offseason Thread: Rose broke face, orgy to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ainge firing some shots at Charlotte*

"Without mentioning names, there are some players that were drafted at certain spots [by teams] that turned down lots of draft picks that I just don’t think was smart on their part"

“I think they were just determined to take a guy that they liked. I think that they may regret end up not doing it in some of the cases,” Ainge said. “I think people make irrational choices in those situations, not knowing that a 2019 unprotected pick has great value.”

*Charlotte IMO
Lol, your assets aren't nearly as good as you think they are, Danny. Accept it.

Rockets with a money draft

I really like the value they got at each spot (Dekker at 18 and Harrell at 32), but damn, we always draft for value and ignore obvious needs.

That was great as the Rockets rebuilt the team after the McGrady/Yao era, but now we have one of the top teams in the league and sorely need better PG play. There were a lot of rumros that the Rockets tried to move into the lottery this year (probably for someone like Cameron Payne), but Delon Wright, Tyus Jones, and Jerian Grant were all on the board at 18 and we passed them over.

They'd better get Sergio Llull over from Real Madrid this offseason or make a trade for a PG at some point.

Welp.

That didn't all come through. Here's the money quote that Zach Lowe is corroborating:

CIcG0oiUcAEXSTq.png:large

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2015/06/boston_celtics_draft_rumors_da.html

What do the Hornets fans here think of Frank the Tank. I loved him as a college player and think he'll be a decent pro, and if Winslow is off the board, then it's an okay pick. But Winslow was on the board. WTF?

Minnesota had a nice night. KAT and Jones to add to Wiggins. They could be a decent team in a couple of years.

Winslow is a classic #tooathletic candidate. Cho knows what he's doing. dude looked like he was ready to tear an ACL every time he took it to the hoop.

Lol. Tall bro wears a suit and crashes the draft. Pretends to be drafted by the Jazz. Everyone treats him like an NBA player. Ladies LOVE him.

Winslow is a classic #tooathletic candidate. Cho knows what he's doing. dude looked like he was ready to tear an ACL every time he took it to the hoop.

Huh? At the very least, he'll be an above average wing defender and decent to streaky offensive player who'll be a long term starter. That's his floor. But the amount of progress he made from last November to March was damned impressive. His ceiling is the best wing in this draft. I wouldn't be astonished if he and Jones were, at the end of the day, more consistent contributors than Okafor if Okafor doesn't significantly improve on the defensive end.

I don't think that would surprise anybody.

Winslow plays good D and plays aggressive, to the rim offense.

I love that a Boston homer is calling shots at the Kings for overreaching 3 or 4 draft slots for a need when Ainge overreacted about 10 slots for Terry fucking Rozier, a too short combo guard on a team full of short combo guards.
You keep on rationalizing, RSF.

Last edited:
Lol. Tall bro wears a suit and crashes the draft. Pretends to be drafted by the Jazz. Everyone treats him like an NBA player. Ladies LOVE him.

Maybe some of you dwarves should start going to horse races and pretending to be a jockey

Maybe some of you dwarves should start going to horse races and pretending to be a jockey

Mobile rep.

Great link. That's hilarious.

I love that a Boston homer is calling shots at the Kings for overreaching 3 or 4 draft slots for a need when Ainge overreacted about 10 slots for Terry fucking Rozier, a too short combo guard on a team full of short combo guards.
You keep on rationalizing, RSF.
mdmh, give me your hottest #homertake on Dakari Johnson.

6 fouls, very powerful with soft hands. I think he could develop into a career backup big if his footwork improves - he's probably too slow though.

Huh? At the very least, he'll be an above average wing defender and decent to streaky offensive player who'll be a long term starter. That's his floor. But the amount of progress he made from last November to March was damned impressive. His ceiling is the best wing in this draft. I wouldn't be astonished if he and Jones were, at the end of the day, more consistent contributors than Okafor if Okafor doesn't significantly improve on the defensive end.

ummmm, he's going to be out of the league by 25 because of injuries. Way too athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back