• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 NBA Offseason Thread: Rose broke face, orgy to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to 6 draft picks, including 4 potential 1st-rounders turned down to draft Kaminsky.

smh

With Ok getting double and triple teamed he should have scored 20+ a game if he could shoot. I think he is going to get that low position jumper handed to him in the pros.

Golden State wanted Harrell and Looney.

Those were 2 key guys since the entire Western Conference (and NBA) needs to figure out how to go small to match:

SF - Iguodala
PF - Barnes
C - Green

Spurs had a shot to grab Harrell/Looney and go:

SF - Kawhi
PF - Harrell/Looney
C - Duncan

Take your time and pound ball into Duncan versus Green FTW.

I like Milutonovic, but they got burned last year when they finally took a US born player, Kyle Anderson, who is skilled, but ridiculously slow. Ridiculously slow will not work in the West. Maybe the East. So, they reverted back to draft, hold and wait, but PROBLEM is they can't wait much longer.

Second pick is 6'10/250 out of UMass and he looks slow too.

Spurs needed a replacement for D Green, if he leaves, and an explosive forward they could interchange with Kawhi (to matchup with GS). So...I guess the hope now is Lamarcus A comes to SA and blends well with Timmy.

Yeah, I liked the looney pick. He may be a medical red flag but he can play and thankfully isn't #tooathletic.

As for the Idiot (MJ) Hornets, all they had to do was draft Winslow and sign a FA power forward they could afford like Bass, Jordan Hill or Amir Johnson (7mil) and they have:

Kemba---Roberts
Batum---Lamb is a decent scorer/shooter
Winslow over MKG
Johnson/Hill/Bass--- Marvin Williams
Big Al --- Hawes

Starting 5 can play.

Bench not bad with several former starters.

Playoffs.

Instead...

Rockets with a money draft

Rockets and OKC will give everyone fits. West even MORE loaded now, presuming Durant comes back 100%.

Only strange thing was OKC signing Ridnour as he is awful.

Rockets snap up Cory Joseph (?) and then try to get by with Beverly/Joseph at the point - get Montejunas back - if that works - they look GOOD.

As for the Idiot (MJ) Hornets, all they had to do was draft Winslow and sign a FA power forward they could afford like Bass, Jordan Hill or Amir Johnson (7mil) and they have:

Kemba---Roberts
Batum---Lamb is a decent scorer/shooter
Winslow over MKG
Johnson/Hill/Bass--- Marvin Williams
Big Al --- Hawes

Starting 5 can play.

Bench not bad with several former starters.

Playoffs.

Instead...

I understood the greatest need was 3 point shooters. That ain't Winslow.

Final thought (going a little nuts here)...

Spurs need to take a long look at Omri Casspi (if they do not get LA).

He is a 3/4 man who might blend well with Kawhi and Duncan (assuming Splitter is going to stumble around and get hurt again).

Casspi was putting up NUMBERS at end of year, and he is way under the radar.

Yeah, acc to Bilas, but I think Kemba/Roberts/Batum/Lamb --- they could hit some 3's. Not great, but decent. Don't know all their stats, just using the eye test and I think Batum and Lamb have that range.

Basically Daniel Orton
No, not really at all. Daniel Orton was more athletic and a better shot blocker, but he gave zero effort and had a very negative attitude. Dakari is a much harder worker, and has a very good attitude.

Thought about it a little more and wonder why they went after Lamb, instead of Anthony Morrow. Morrow can rain 3's.

Batum/Morrow
Winslow/MKG

They could even start Morrow (if they had him) and go:

Morrow
Batum/Winslow

That would likely get it done well.

Golden State wanted Harrell and Looney.

Those were 2 key guys since the entire Western Conference (and NBA) needs to figure out how to go small to match:

SF - Iguodala
PF - Barnes
C - Green

Spurs had a shot to grab Harrell/Looney and go:

SF - Kawhi
PF - Harrell/Looney
C - Duncan

Take your time and pound ball into Duncan versus Green FTW.

I like Milutonovic, but they got burned last year when they finally took a US born player, Kyle Anderson, who is skilled, but ridiculously slow. Ridiculously slow will not work in the West. Maybe the East. So, they reverted back to draft, hold and wait, but PROBLEM is they can't wait much longer.

Second pick is 6'10/250 out of UMass and he looks slow too.

Spurs needed a replacement for D Green, if he leaves, and an explosive forward they could interchange with Kawhi (to matchup with GS). So...I guess the hope now is Lamarcus A comes to SA and blends well with Timmy.

The Spurs will be content going small with Timmy, Diaw, Kawhi. Point PF instead of explosive PF. I was hoping Justin Anderson would slip down. I think they need a SF to play with (hopefully) LMA and Kawhi in a small lineup. I'd like to see them try to get KJ McDaniels.

The Spurs aren't trying to cash in their draft picks now. None of the 12 guys they have stashed away will ever play with Timmy. They're basically trying to give themselves a chance to reload around Kawhi quickly after Timmy retires. It's not a great plan, but it's a better use of the draft than reaching for 2nd round level role players.

I love that a Boston homer is calling shots at the Kings for overreaching 3 or 4 draft slots for a need when Ainge overreacted about 10 slots for Terry fucking Rozier, a too short combo guard on a team full of short combo guards.
You keep on rationalizing, RSF.

and I love that a Kentucky homer is calling shots at a team for reaching for a Louisville player in the crapshoot portion of the first round, while failing to acknowledge that a team reached for a Kentucky player at #6 overall, when there was, like, actual talent on the board

i am glad that we all have things to love itt

Was WCS a reach? I thought most people had him that range. Celts fans are SALTY that no one wanted their dookie assets and Ainge made a questionable pick at 16.

Last edited:
Celtics need to take a cue from the Red Sox and Pats and start cheating cheating cheating, only chance they have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back