• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 NBA Offseason Thread: Rose broke face, orgy to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NBA roster construction is fascinating. there are so many guys who are worth a lot of wins for bad to mediocre teams who don't fit on championship teams. although I'd definitely put David lee in that category and he contributed in the playoffs a bit.

I use "lebrons" as shorthand for any high usage, lead guard who is not/should not be the primary ball handler. lebron, harden, Kobe, even guys like monta and ginobili fall into that category.

So the Warriors small ball lineup is the new blueprint for winning in the NBA?

The most amazing thing they did was stay healthy all season. They won with depth and versatility. That's been the model for awhile now. Nothing particularly new.

Last edited:
B
So the Warriors small ball lineup is the new blueprint for winning in the NBA?

The most amazing thing they did was stay healthy all season. They won with depth and versatility. That's been the model for awhile now. Nothing particularly new.

Exactly- all that backcourt talent and still the lack of health on their opponent in the finals is why they won

Agree with Ph. It applies every year in the NFL. This year it was relevant in the NBA.

I don't really get Rozier. I don't think he is going to be a + creator or a + defender or a + shooter at NBA level. I don't get him, I don't like him, I think he'll suck.

WCS on the other hand I like a lot. Elite defensive versatility. Look at the difference Nerlens made to Philly's D last year.

If Only He Develops a Jumper, Look Out

That's like 95% of draft-eligible players' scouting reports, brah. AAU and whatnot

If Only He Develops a Jumper, Look Out

That's like 95% of draft-eligible players' scouting reports, brah. AAU and whatnot

what is never mentioned is that these guys have been playing their whole lives and haven't learned how to shoot.

meh, there are plenty of cases of guys developing a jumper in the league. More often they're big men, but there's precedence.

i thought it was clear that irish was referencing perimeter players as scouting reports for bigs rarely contain the caveat that they "need to develop a jumper"

Yeah I was mocking Apetit who was defending Rozier who's a perimeter player who'll quickly be out of the league yet was selected 16th overall because Boston sucks, Boston sucks, Boston sucks

Remember that time bdz argued (and argued) about Rondo being the best 1-guard in the league?

120828_mkg_01.jpg

oh hey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back