• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 NBA Offseason Thread: Rose broke face, orgy to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't think it's the pitch that is the problem. question is more "what are his priorities?" less money, smaller market and what will team make up will be over the next 2 years vs good organization, kawaii leonard and pop (for now).

i am not confident either. the spurs could conceivably look a lot like they did this year for 15-16.

No income tax in Texas vs 9.9% in Oregon

Who is the biggest free agent in the Pop era that has signed with the Spurs (excluding their own FA's)? I can't even think of one. Other than Jason Kidd, I can't remember them ever being in the hunt for a max free agent.

I'm not sure how many they've actually pursued, though you could argue they didn't pursue because they didn't think they could land a big name free agent.

you have to pay taxes on where the games are played so it's not as big of a difference

So half his income won't be taxed vs half his income being taxed at 9.9% plus the six road games in TX and FL not taxed

That's a big difference. Going to 47 untaxed games from 4-6 is a big difference.

No income tax in Texas vs 9.9% in Oregon

But he'll buy a McMansion and end up paying it in real estate taxes. Oddly enough, Tejas is probably more progressive in the way they tax than most other states. Don't they just have sales taxes and higher than average real estate taxes? So if you're lower income and rent down there, you don't pay income taxes and just pay a little sales taxes.

Who is the biggest free agent in the Pop era that has signed with the Spurs (excluding their own FA's)? I can't even think of one. Other than Jason Kidd, I can't remember them ever being in the hunt for a max free agent.

richard jefferson

Jefferson was traded. Finley's best years were behind him by '05, but he's probably the right answer.

But he'll buy a McMansion and end up paying it in real estate taxes. Oddly enough, Tejas is probably more progressive in the way they tax than most other states. Don't they just have sales taxes and higher than average real estate taxes? So if you're lower income and rent down there, you don't pay income taxes and just pay a little sales taxes.

aldridge was renting in portland so maybe he rents again since his offseason home is apparently in los angeles. i don't think he's going to choose the spurs but i need to stop reading the same article about them being the front runner.

Jefferson was traded. Finley's best years were behind him by '05, but he's probably the right answer.

that might be it. he had also been waived so they payed peanuts for him.

can we rename this thread #defeated for the remainder of the off season of the Spurs actually land him?

So did the Kings pick WCS and are trading for HOF so that they could recruit Calipari?

Oh, absolutely.

But my point is that past championships never seem to mean much to FAs. Money, lifestyle, and projected future success seem to matter most.

Would assume this is Ph's point.

Last edited:
Yes. Replacing Tim Duncan in the current Spurs lineup projects toward future success especially getting to play a year or two with the man himself.

By the way, the Spurs are looking to trade for Brendan Haywood in order to clear the cap space for LMA.
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/30/8871997/brendan-haywood-contract-trade-spurs-nba-free-agency

i would love to be able to cut brenda.

seriously though i think that gm lebron might swing this deal to help out pop and duncan. seems to be a lot of respect there.

Here's a #hottake. I want DeAndre to go somewhere else. The Center position doesn't seem to be short on talent. Waste of money to have a max guy there. Losing him this year leaves us with enough room for Durant next year.

That's reasonable take.

I mean the sixers gotta trade one of their twelve centers to someone eventually, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back