• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 NBA Offseason Thread: Rose broke face, orgy to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. Sixers are a joke. Looking for the next KJ McDaniels, I guess.

So awesome that the hornets took the tank. What a classic hornets pick.

What do the Hornets fans here think of Frank the Tank. I loved him as a college player and think he'll be a decent pro, and if Winslow is off the board, then it's an okay pick. But Winslow was on the board. WTF?

Minnesota had a nice night. KAT and Jones to add to Wiggins. They could be a decent team in a couple of years.

Haha. Sixers are a joke. Looking for the next KJ McDaniels, I guess.

this could refer to any pick, but i'm guessing you mean tokoto?

they're all just #assets

i guess i'm hoping embiid is healthy enough to get a few years of yao like ball out of, and that okafor can push him for minutes

if embiid is healthy, that frontcourt is pretty nice with nerlens and okafor

fuck guards, all we need is ISH the DISH

Terry Rozier is not an asset.

I think WCS will be a great pick for the Kings along with Cousins, WCS is long, athletic, gives great effort, can protect the weakside rim, and won't need the ball on offense.

lol

#realtalk, but I think WCS might have been the single worst pick in the first round? Maybe Kristaps was worse. Kristaps was probably worse.

-----------

I've talked myself into Rozier, I guess. I'd have rather had Portis (or, hell, Harrell, who I think is sort of a steal as a 2nd rounder), but if Danny was gonna go with a guard, I think Rozier fits what they wanted more than Grant did. He's more of a point than Bradley, and between those two and Smart, the C's have some really nice defensive guys in the backcourt that should be able to switch onto 1s, 2s, and 3s. It could work...

...And RJ Hunter is why. His game reminds me a lot of Michael Redd, and that would sort of perfectly fill a need for the C's. The thing about drafting Rozier first is that it makes Bradley an extravagantly expensive redundancy, but Bradley's probably not totally without trade value. If they can just get him off of the books, they could go super young in the backcourt and have Hunter and James Young split minutes at the 2. That immediately solves most of Boston's spacing problems, and Rozier could get time as a combo guard when they want to go ultra-defensive with Smart, or as a pacing change to pair with Thomas. I dunno. It's not my ideal draft, but it could work.

F Celtics select: Terry Rozier, PG, Louisville
What? No. Just. No. You have... I mean... Isaiah Thomas? I mean... Marcus Smart? What is this? No. Fail. Go away.

RSF, I got to see Louvul play a few times and really liked Rozier, though I don't necessarily have the best eye for who is going to translate to the next level well. Plus you got Hunter, so not a bad day even though y'all weren't able to trade up.

And speaking of Louvul, I thought Houston had a pretty darn good night even though there were picking #18 and then in the early 2nd by getting Dekkar and Harrell. I get that Harrell is a bit of an undersized 4, but he was a stud and fun to watch in college.

Have to think the plan is to bring in Gasol at this point. He would make the C's one of the best defensive units in the East, even if they can't score for shit. If Ainge could pair him with someone like Monroe, Matthews, Millsap, or even Khris Middleton, that'd be a pretty solid non-elite team, I think.

RSF, I got to see Louvul play a few times and really liked Rozier, though I don't necessarily have the best eye for who is going to translate to the next level well. Plus you got Hunter, so not a bad day even though y'all weren't able to trade up.

And speaking of Louvul, I thought Houston had a pretty darn good night even though there were picking #18 and then in the early 2nd by getting Dekkar and Harrell. I get that Harrell is a bit of an undersized 4, but he was a stud and fun to watch in college.

I loved what Houston did last night, as I have loved what Houston has done on many nights before

What do the Hornets fans here think of Frank the Tank. I loved him as a college player and think he'll be a decent pro, and if Winslow is off the board, then it's an okay pick. But Winslow was on the board. WTF?

Minnesota had a nice night. KAT and Jones to add to Wiggins. They could be a decent team in a couple of years.

+LaVine & Shabazz and there's a lot of young talent on that wolves team. If Bennett could improve & Rubio produces they'll be somewhat decent.

Have to think the plan is to bring in Gasol at this point. He would make the C's one of the best defensive units in the East, even if they can't score for shit. If Ainge could pair him with someone like Monroe, Matthews, Millsap, or even Khris Middleton, that'd be a pretty solid non-elite team, I think.
I mean.... You do realize the Celtics suck, right? Brad Stevens seems like a good coach but that roster is hot garbage.

Yeah, there's no freaking way Gasol is coming to Boston.

Oh, I don't think it's likely (I'd put it at, what, 20%?). I just think that's probably Ainge's Plan A.

A roster with Thomas, Bradley, Sullinger, Gasol, and one of that Monroe/Matthews/Millsap/Middleton group is a pretty good start. With a bench of guys like Smart, Turner, Rozier, and Olynyk? I absolutely think they could make some noise with that, though, like I said, they'd be non-elite. That blueprint isn't far off from what Atlanta did this past year, actually.

Oh, I don't think it's likely (I'd put it at, what, 20%?). I just think that's probably Ainge's Plan A.

A roster with Thomas, Bradley, Sullinger, Gasol, and one of that Monroe/Matthews/Millsap/Middleton group is a pretty good start. With a bench of guys like Smart, Turner, Rozier, and Olynyk? I absolutely think they could make some noise with that, though, like I said, they'd be non-elite. That blueprint isn't far off from what Atlanta did this past year, actually.

I'd put it at 0.000000%

Ainge firing some shots at Charlotte*

"Without mentioning names, there are some players that were drafted at certain spots [by teams] that turned down lots of draft picks that I just don’t think was smart on their part"

“I think they were just determined to take a guy that they liked. I think that they may regret end up not doing it in some of the cases,” Ainge said. “I think people make irrational choices in those situations, not knowing that a 2019 unprotected pick has great value.”

*Charlotte IMO

Listen, the guy who took something named Terry Rozier at pick 16 should not be casting stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back