• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

I expect they will be just fine.

When I watch us play teams like Clemson and Florida State up close and personal at BB&T field, the thing I notice is if it went for different numbers on the jerseys, you'd have a hard time recognizing the starters from the backups at most positions. The body types are usually about the same, the size about the same, the skill level are usually pretty close to the same too. I imagine with Alabama that's even more evident, so losing players to graduation or early departure, just isn't going to be the big deal it is to most schools. I remember last year against Clemson at home, they brought in the back up d-line and other than the numbers, it looked just like the starting d-line from the eye test at least.

Same goes for Ohio State. I think they have six returning starters right now between O & D combined

I hope everyone else is sleeping on the Buckeyes too. The way Urban recruits, there are All Americans in waiting sitting on the bench. Ohio State will actually benefit from being able to focus on a handful of elite play makers instead spreading the wealth so much. It doesn't hurt that there is no QB battle this coming year either. Week 3 at Oklahoma will let everyone know whether this team is legit. It will certainly be hungrier than the 2015 edition. And they still have Urban Meyer.

I hope everyone else is sleeping on the Buckeyes too. The way Urban recruits, there are All Americans in waiting sitting on the bench. Ohio State will actually benefit from being able to focus on a handful of elite play makers instead spreading the wealth so much. It doesn't hurt that there is no QB battle this coming year either. Week 3 at Oklahoma will let everyone know whether this team is legit. It will certainly be hungrier than the 2015 edition. And they still have Urban Meyer.

Here is to hoping they choke when it really matters again. Preferably to Michigan.

Here is to hoping they choke when it really matters again. Preferably to Michigan.

Warriner is moving to the press box full-time, so... unlikely.

CYu1Q5tUAAAFyTQ.jpg

Back