• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

PFF's top 50 college football players: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/08/21/college-footballs-top-50-players/

From the ACC

49. Jeremy Cash, CB, Duke
A versatile slot defender, Cash was strong in coverage (83.9) and against the run (84.6) for the Blue Devils last season.

48. Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers
Good straight-line speed allowed Carroo to average 19.7 yards per reception to go with 10 touchdowns and an 85.1 receiving rating that ranks 10th in the nation entering 2015.

45. Darius Hamilton, DT, Rutgers
Hamilton has the fourth-highest pass-rush rating among interior defensive linemen at 87.9 (eight sacks, five hits, 33 hurries), while showing well against the run (82.3).

29. Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
One of the top breakout candidates in 2015, Watson may be the nation’s most talented quarterback. He heads into 2015 with a 79.9 rating after his limited (by injury) true freshman season.

23. Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
After averaging 18.1 yards per reception, Williams could be even better this year with Deshaun Watson at quarterback. He heads into 2015 with the fifth-best receiving rating in the country at 86.2.

22. Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State
A versatile defender for Florida State, Ramsey showed his ability to take over a game with an exceptional performance against Miami, while finishing at 85.0 in coverage and 79.6 against the run for the season.

21. Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh
One of the ACC’s top big-play threats, Boyd averaged 16.1 yards per reception and heads into 2015 with the second-highest receiving rating at 90.6.

19. James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh
Conner just breaks tackles, more than anyone in the country in fact (88), and his 88.5 run rating ranks second in the nation heading into 2015.'

8. Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
The nation’s most stout interior defensive lineman against the run (93), Rankins also provided nine sacks, six hits, and 24 hurries to finish at 85.8 as a pass-rusher.

Week one key games: open for discussion with season now 2 weeks away!!

Texas @ Notre Dame
Texas A & M @ Arizona State--huge national implications--one with a great defense & other with a great offense, trying to get a defense
BYU @ Nebraska
North Carolina vs South Carolina [Thursday in Charlotte]
Louisville @ Auburn
Michigan @ Utah
UVa @ UCLA [can Hoos pull off the opener like they nearly did last year and save London's job?]
Ohio St @ Virginia Tech [Can Beamer shock the college football world again]
Alabama vs Wisconsin [Jerry's World]

I'm going to this game, but it is not a "key game."

115 - I somehow missed Northwestern (it was killing me as it was my only blank among BCS conferences and I was thinking States and not private schools; would like to know what BCS school was omitted the most -- WF?); also missed Air Force which is incredible since I got Army and Navy and Grobe coached there. Stupid. It helps when you can type in initials to save time.

The nation’s most stout interior defensive lineman against the run (93), Rankins also provided nine sacks, six hits, and 24 hurries to finish at 85.8 as a pass-rusher.

Class of 2012. Wake was heavily recruiting him.

When did Rutgers join the ACC?

PFF's top 50 college football players: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/08/21/college-footballs-top-50-players/

From the ACC

49. Jeremy Cash, CB, Duke
A versatile slot defender, Cash was strong in coverage (83.9) and against the run (84.6) for the Blue Devils last season.

48. Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers
Good straight-line speed allowed Carroo to average 19.7 yards per reception to go with 10 touchdowns and an 85.1 receiving rating that ranks 10th in the nation entering 2015.

45. Darius Hamilton, DT, Rutgers
Hamilton has the fourth-highest pass-rush rating among interior defensive linemen at 87.9 (eight sacks, five hits, 33 hurries), while showing well against the run (82.3).

29. Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
One of the top breakout candidates in 2015, Watson may be the nation’s most talented quarterback. He heads into 2015 with a 79.9 rating after his limited (by injury) true freshman season.

23. Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
After averaging 18.1 yards per reception, Williams could be even better this year with Deshaun Watson at quarterback. He heads into 2015 with the fifth-best receiving rating in the country at 86.2.

22. Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State
A versatile defender for Florida State, Ramsey showed his ability to take over a game with an exceptional performance against Miami, while finishing at 85.0 in coverage and 79.6 against the run for the season.

21. Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh
One of the ACC’s top big-play threats, Boyd averaged 16.1 yards per reception and heads into 2015 with the second-highest receiving rating at 90.6.

19. James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh
Conner just breaks tackles, more than anyone in the country in fact (88), and his 88.5 run rating ranks second in the nation heading into 2015.'

Kinda surprising that so few of the top 50 are from the ACC.
Didn't the ACC have the most players drafted by the NFL last year?
I would think the ACC would have more talent and depth.......unless this is going to be down year overall

I don't know what to think here. We definitely should have done a better job with the investigation but I also think Peterson is lying through his teeth. On the transfer form, the director of compliance at Boise St. said that Ukwuachu was not dismissed for disciplinary reasons (#14).

Edited to add: #17 also says that Ukwuachu would have been eligible to play if he chose to stay at Boise St.

Our staff did screw up by not doing doing the research necessary and as a result that poor girl was assaulted.

c307c0795faf744d3946fe580cb860c1.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like Peterson and Briles both screwed up to me.

This is where I keep landing as well. Peterson was probably so anxious to get this guy out of his program that he reached out to Briles. Briles probably wanted a talented defensive player so he didn't ask many questions. Briles has done a good job with players that were dismissed from their previous team (Phil Taylor, Shawn Oakman) so he didn't think it necessary to do a full investigation.

Is it a surprise to anyone that either Briles or Peterson is a slimeball?

Back