• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Season long College football thread

Two takeaways. First, we don't have to be THAT good to get to six wins. That's usually the case but even more so this year. Second, maybe the Big Ten should have looked West for expansion. Ouch. Rutgers and MD aren't getting much return from that Big Ten $$$.

That was a GREAT game. Really well played for a first game, few mistakes. Good officiating as well. Could not have started this season off any better. Sorry if some of you missed it.

I thought MD played well last year. Then again I'm busy and don't have time to follow Terp athletics, esp now that they're non-brethren.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time for playoff predictions. I'll say:
tOSU
TCU
Auburn
UCLA

Michigan St.
Notre Dame
Arizona St.
Ole Miss

Not really, but this season seems set up for a bit more chaos than folks are predicting.

Was looking at the FCS v. FBS lines (they just came out this afternoon), and Villanova (FCS - I AA) opened as a 6 point favorite at UCONN (FBS I A). The line has been bet up to Nova -7. Bad sign for an FCS team to be a TD favorite on the road versus an FBS team. Yikes.

Also, Duke opened as a 11 point favorite at Tulane. The line is down to 7. Sharpies not believing in Duke this year (at least early in the year).

Is the crowd in Charlotte decidedly pro SCAR? I would have thought the Heels would be out in force in Charlotte, but at least from the crowd noise, it sounds like they are significantly outnumbered by the Cocks.

Is the crowd in Charlotte decidedly pro SCAR? I would have thought the Heels would be out in force in Charlotte, but at least from the crowd noise, it sounds like they are significantly outnumbered by the Cocks.

plenty of cocks in charlotte

Yes, it's Alcorn State ... but my God is Georgia Tech's offense locked in already. Justin Thomas is just a special, special QB.

Back