• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

Medically assisted suicide under generally accepted ethical frameworks? Fine.

From what I understand, purely looking at economics, suicides are expensive for society, so laws to mitigate them within reason seem fine to me, too.

Personally, if I see someone about to kill themselves, of course I try to intervene. Only a tiny fraction of people who try to kill themselves end up succeeding.

Fair point.

Were Iraq's crimes under Hussein the same as Germany's under Hitler and Japan's under Hirohito?

The length of occupation should primarily be determined by:

1. Degree and number of crimes the occupied have committed?
2. Level of danger resulting from ending occupation?
3. American electoral politics and campaign slogans?
4. Financial costs?
5. Wishes of the people being occupied?

So they practice abortions in a way that organs can be kept intact and donated for scientific purposes.

Aside from opposition to abortion, what is the problem?

If you think the organs could serve a useful purpose, just think what the baby would have thought.

The length of occupation should primarily be determined by:

1. Degree and number of crimes the occupied have committed?
2. Level of danger resulting from ending occupation?
3. American electoral politics and campaign slogans?

4. Financial costs?
5. Wishes of the people being occupied?

The US has got a lot of occupying to do.

If you think the organs could serve a useful purpose, just think what the baby would have thought.

Abortion is horrible, but legal, so given that, isn't it better to get something out of an aborted fetus for science and research than just to discard the whole fetus?

I'm glad you people have gotten a handle on this whole issue.

the practice of harvesting body parts, or tissues, will inevitably increase the number of people who have an interest, financial or scientific, in abortions being performed

this will make abortions more likely, contrary to the wishes of most people, who claim that they don't like abortions

the practice of harvesting body parts, or tissues, will inevitably increase the number of people who have an interest, financial or scientific, in abortions being performed

this will make abortions more likely, contrary to the wishes of most people, who claim that they don't like abortions

Has organ donation made death more popular?

I think people can be pro-choice and still find it unseemly (to say the least) that organs are being harvested from aborted fetuses. I wonder if mom is signing off on the harvesting? Is it hidden somewhere in the language of a waiver that she signs?

I think people can be pro-choice and still find it unseemly (to say the least) that organs are being harvested from aborted fetuses. I wonder if mom is signing off on the harvesting? Is it hidden somewhere in the language of a waiver that she signs?

Planned Parenthood is scrutinized more than probably any other non profit organization in the country. Do you really think they'd risk everything they work for by doing something like that?

If an abortion occurs and organs could be harvested and aren't I'd be more confused than if they could be harvested and are then actually harvested.

This is completely nonsensical.

Back