• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

stupid certainly breeds stupid but that has nothing to do with this discussion

Where's jhmd to stand up for the poor's ability to help himself?

This is conservatism in America.

The subject on the table---oft departed from by its apologists---is defense from a vacuum cleaner and forceps. With a great idea like yours, it's a wonder you guys are in such a rush to talk about something else. Weird.

Even you have to see the humor in a jhmd post chastising someone for changing the subject.

It's not much a message when you have to go after the other messenger, eh? HOW TO BET A LIGHT HAND, by Townie Deac.

Somebody on my wall posted a new gotcha video from the abortion conversation, hosted by New Republic obviously.

Don't make me do your work for you, jhmd, you've forgotten your biggest go-to of all...2 parents!

I'm on team "reduce the number of abortions in this country to the lowest possible number while keeping abortion legal." So in this case, I have absolutely no problem with parental involvement laws.

That's the funny thing about this - I admit abortion is fucking horrific and should be reduced through measures I have repeatedly posted, measures that are also good for all of society, but since I still think it should be legal, I am an immoral murder - even though I long for a day of no abortions just like jhmd.

every attempt to "keep the number as low as possible" is just a shadow way to make them de facto illegal within the bounds of the constitution

not better wages, free birth control, and money/resources heaped upon adoption services

ugh, no, what an awful argument

I want the number of welfare/food stamps/unemployment recipients as low as possible, but recognize them as a necessary evil. I long for a day when we no longer need affirmative action, but there's no semblance of equality of opportunity in this country. I abhor the practice of abortion, but would rather it be performed by doctors than in back alleys. Responsible family planning shouldn't really be a political issue.

Pragmatism over idealism. I want a perfect lily-white world where everyone acts just right the way mommy said to act too. But reality is much different and society can and should do its best to mitigate the negative effects of human imperfection

Pragmatism over idealism. I want a perfect lily-white world where everyone acts just right the way mommy said to act too. But reality is much different and society can and should do its best to mitigate the negative effects of human imperfection

Ideally, we wouldn't chop up babies and sell them for parts.

Pragmatically,....actually, wait....I still don't think we should chop up babies and sell them for parts.

Ideally, we wouldn't chop up babies and sell them for parts.

Pragmatically,....actually, wait....I still don't think we should chop up babies and sell them for parts.

And I don't think we should blast them to smithereens for energy. But in the real world, you see, it happens - legal, moral, or otherwise.

ugh, no, what an awful argument

I want the number of welfare/food stamps/unemployment recipients as low as possible, but recognize them as a necessary evil. I long for a day when we no longer need affirmative action, but there's no semblance of equality of opportunity in this country. I abhor the practice of abortion, but would rather it be performed by doctors than in back alleys. Responsible family planning shouldn't really be a political issue.

um, ok. so you're just talking about wishful thinking then. everyone wants the welfare state as small as possible. not sure that's debatable

Sure it is. Jh thinks that we're doing a disservice to poor people by even having welfare/food stamps/unemployment available.

That along with trickle down economics is some of the biggest disingenuous bullshit I've ever seen. "no, trust me, we are doing this for you. keeping more money for me is really to help you become inspired to have money like me!"

What? More money to poors encourages them to be lazy, more money to the rich encourages them to create jobs. Pretty simple to understand I think.

Back