• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

No double standard here. Keep moving along. No reason to mention the double homicide charge if you kill a pregnant woman. It is just a parasite, not a human.

I agree. Double homicide of a pregnant woman is a a trumped up charge. It is so very horrific of an act, but that's a trumped up charge.

That is horrific. Sorry man. I have no salient response to that kind of opinion. Good luck to you sir, and I hope you change your mind one day.

What the hell do I need "luck" for here?

I wish you "LUCK" in not being such a self-involved *expletive deleted* and actually think about a person in different circumstances than yourself, or what you've gone through, but take yourself out of that situation and into someone that has come to the conclusion that a child might not be in her best interest. I wish you luck in that endeavor, *expletive deleted*.

Don't act like you are morally superior on this issue, Wrangor. Because, quite simply, you aren't.

Oh, and that rant was because I understand that Wrangor's bullshit was about abortion. Let's not pretend otherwise. Thanks!

No double standard here. Keep moving along. No reason to mention the double homicide charge if you kill a pregnant woman. It is just a parasite, not a human.

This is one of the dumber pro-life arguments out there.

1. Most of the "fetal homicide" laws on the books are there because of pro-life advocates. You can't really call it a double standard when it is a result of you only getting halfway to your goal.

2. There is a pretty clear distinction between a woman choosing to end her pregnancy and a woman having her pregnancy end as the result of a violent attack against her.

The same political party of people who hate abortion shrug when toddlers kill themselves with guns. Pure hypocrisy.

Strawman on full alert.

When you label your movement "pro-life" and bitch about double standards it is certainly not a strawman to point out that the "pro-life" political party supports some pretty "meh-life" (gun control, poverty, healthcare) and outright anti-life (death penalty, hawkish foreign policy) positions.

Heads up. If you're a poor pregnant single woman, the same Republicans who don't want you to have an abortion don't want you to be a single mom either.

Abortion: When will we as a country wake up to the truth?

Removed

Last edited:
oh shut the hell up. abortion doctors aren't charged with murder either.

If there is a single post on this thread where Wrangor doesn't use the phrase "mental gymnastics," I'd be surprised.

Do you believe killing a woman who is 20 weeks pregnant is a double homicide? What if someone takes a baseball bat to a pregnant woman's stomach and kills the 20 week fetus/baby? Just assault?

If a baby is a baby and not a parasite it shouldn't matter how that baby dies. You are playing some severe mental gymnastics if you argue otherwise. Consider you actually point. Humanity is determined by the intent of the person that ends your life? That's nuts.

I am not going to comment on the obvious straw man / avoidance strategies of the other posts by the board mod squad. You can't be pro life if you are a conservative because you hate single moms, etc....blah blah. Y'all are Better than that.

No. Mainly because i don't believe a 20 week old fetus is a person.

As to the second bold, noone has said that. It is not nuts, however, that the criminality of terminating a fetus is determined by the status of the person whose choice terminates the fetus. It is unsurprising that you see no distinction between a woman exercising autonomy over her own body and a third party exerting force against a woman's body.

Do you believe killing a woman who is 20 weeks pregnant is a double homicide? What if someone takes a baseball bat to a pregnant woman's stomach and kills the 20 week fetus/baby? Just assault?

If a baby is a baby and not a parasite it shouldn't matter how that baby dies. You are playing some severe mental gymnastics if you argue otherwise. Consider you actually point. Humanity is determined by the intent of the person that ends your life? That's nuts.

I am not going to comment on the obvious straw man / avoidance strategies of the other posts by the board mod squad. You can't be pro life if you are a conservative because you hate single moms, etc....blah blah. Y'all are Better than that.

You certainly can be, most conservatives just aren't.

I'd be curious to hear you articulate what it means to be pro-life and then explain how that definition squares with the conservative positions I outlined earlier. I won't hold my breath though.

I guess this fits.

http://www.wwl.com/Alleged-Vitter-prostitute-says-Vitter-impregnated-/22080945

Alleged Vitter prostitute says Vitter impregnated her, asked for abortion

A New Orleans-based blogger has posted video of an interview with Wendy Ellis, the woman who claims she was once a prostitute employed by David Vitter. The videos include some potentially explosive allegations, including claims of a pregnancy in 2000 and requests from then-Congressman David Vitter that she get an abortion.

Wendy Ellis first came forward in an interview with Hustler magazine 2007, when Vitter acknowledged an unspecified "serious sin" in his past. She claimed that she worked as a prostitute named Wendy Cortez, and that Vitter was a regular customer.

Vitter has denied he had any relationship with Ellis.

WWL cannot confirm the accuracy of any of Ellis' claims.

In his blog, writer Jason Brad Berry says he repeatedly requested an interview with Senator Vitter's legal counsel, but says Vitter's lawyer told him "he was too busy to speak" with him.

Of course not. For it to be a DOUBLE homicide, there would have to be TWO dead people. In the scenario you described, there is only ONE. How is ONE a DOUBLE homicide? That is some serious mental gymnastics you are doing there, Wrangor.

Back