• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

The conservative goal is creating a permanent cheap labor force.

Force a pregnant single woman to have a baby and deny her support and that’s one person in that cheap labor force with a second to come in about 16 years. Hell, if conservatives are lucky, they’ll go to prison too.

That’s according to their own orthodoxy. Single parents and children of single parents are more likely to be in poverty. But instead of supporting abortion or supporting families, they demonize them.

All while praising jesus on Sunday and ignoring those teachings Monday - Saturday.

They praise Republican Jesus who hates poor people as much as they do.

Along with the cheap labor is the built in bogeyman of the “lazy shiftless leech” that really crystallizes the whole thing.

They praise white American Republican Jesus who hates poor people as much as they do.

FIFY and adding the opening verse and chorus of the prophetic punk band bad religion from nearly 30 years ago.

I don't need to be a global citizen
'Cause I'm blessed by nationality
I'm a member of a growing populace
We enforce our popularity
There are things that seem to pull us under and
There are things that drag us down
But there's a power and a vital presence
That's lurking all around

We've got the American Jesus
See him on the interstate
We've got the American Jesus
He helped build the president's estate

All while praising jesus on Sunday and ignoring those teachings Monday - Saturday.

"I looked over the ill-dressed, surly audience, unintelligent and slinking...they were the sort of people that lynch Negroes, that mistake hoodlumism for wit and cunning for intelligence, that attend religious revivals and pray and sing loudly and then fight and fornicate in the bushes afterwards..." --William Alexander Percy, Mississippi, observing a 1911 Democratic Senate primary rally

Holy shit how have we not been talking about the Texas abortion law. That shit seems absolutely insane.

Probably because the Texas AG's office is at all times balancing a handful of absolutely insane cases, including usually at least one in which the man himself is the incriminated party

Fuck Texas. Time to boycott any business based in the state.

What a fucking fascist power grab this law is. Not only does it violate women’s rights...it allows private citizens to sue other private citizens for aiding and abetting an abortion.

Unfucking-believable from “the party of limited government”.

I guess this is what happens when people don’t see the value in voting or think both parties are the same

I guess this is what happens when people don’t see the value in voting or think both parties are the same

It’s also what happens when egotistical liberal judges like RBG and Breyer decide to die on the court.

It’s also what happens when egotistical liberal judges like RBG and Breyer decide to die on the court.

If Merrick Garland had been appointed to the Court, last night's vote would have been 5-4 the other direction. This is exactly what McConnell was looking for when he perverted the supreme court confirmation process.

Back