• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

I think we have the Bernie Bros to thank for this.

I saw someone say a lot of Bernie supporters have been deleting tweets saying that the Supreme Court wasn’t an important reason to vote for Hillary in the 2016 election. No idea how true it is.

When it comes to legal issues, I rely on wisdom from experts like Larry Tribe:

man, junebug must have rubbed his cock raw after this

I remain convinced that most of Texas is just batshit crazy. We used to have a Supreme Court that would check the craziness, but not anymore. Thanks a lot to all you fuckin' meat-headed Republicans!

When it comes to legal issues, I rely on wisdom from experts like Larry Tribe:

I know you don't understand, because you are dumb, but he's referring to the $10k bounties the Texas law puts on the heads of women and anyone who helps them -- even Uber drivers! And he's right, this is starting to look like the Handmaid's Tale, which I'm sure is ultimately what you're looking for.

Not to downplay the immediate impact to local Texans, but there is definitely part of me that looks at the past decade plus of partial bans, temporary bans, ridiculous rules, injunctions, lawsuits, and executive orders used to both limit abortions and fire up right wing nutjob voters - and wants to just say fuck it, let Texas be a no-abortion state. Let some other broke-ass red states join them if they want. For a while folks will suffer the drive to a state with reasonable access to legal women's care, and eventually they will move to those states for a host of other reasons.

It's so cool how outlawing abortions makes them go away!!! These women will see the light of Jesus and have that baby and snuggle up with it and smile a lot because having baby is what every woman wants!

The joke from Hacks about how "in college, Roe v. Wade was a big time upgrade from Sophomore v. Staircase for us" is a little less funny now.

Yep, they deserve part of the blame. They won't accept responsibility, at all, but they deserve it.

Blaming Bernie Bros is ridiculous. Even assuming Hillary would have won but for the "Bernie Bros", it's a stretch to assume the Dems would have taken the Senate at any point-especially since the only reason they have it now is that Trump threw a tantrum and undermined the confidence of Georgians in the special senate elections.

The vast majority of people who voted for Trump did so because they like the things he says and does. Blame them.

As an adoptive parent I can only assume that this means that the state of Texas will make adoptions much easier and affordable for those that want to adopt, right?

As an adoptive parent I can only assume that this means that the state of Texas will make adoptions much easier and affordable for those that want to adopt, right?

Hmmm don't see that driving tweets, votes, or outrage. So, no.

Better to spend some quality time tying a racial aspect of this new law to Critical Race Theory.

Blaming Bernie Bros is ridiculous. Even assuming Hillary would have won but for the "Bernie Bros", it's a stretch to assume the Dems would have taken the Senate at any point-especially since the only reason they have it now is that Trump threw a tantrum and undermined the confidence of Georgians in the special senate elections.

The vast majority of people who voted for Trump did so because they like the things he says and does. Blame them.
No GOP president. No conservative SCJ nominee. And do you honestly believe that mcconnell could have held up a Supreme Court nomination for 5 years with no political blowback?

Last edited:

They would've gotten nominees through. End of story.

And don't worry, I blame the hell out of Trump voters. I just also blame Bernie bros who didn't end up voting for Hillary.

Not to downplay the immediate impact to local Texans, but there is definitely part of me that looks at the past decade plus of partial bans, temporary bans, ridiculous rules, injunctions, lawsuits, and executive orders used to both limit abortions and fire up right wing nutjob voters - and wants to just say fuck it, let Texas be a no-abortion state. Let some other broke-ass red states join them if they want. For a while folks will suffer the drive to a state with reasonable access to legal women's care, and eventually they will move to those states for a host of other reasons.

This significantly reduces access for those without means. Basically (and with all abortion laws), it only bans it for the non-wealthy.

First step is need to make people aware you can get an effective abortion through a pill, 6 weeks later than Texas law on the books. Call it in and there ya go, Canadian pharmacy looking at you.

Back