• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

It’s like the cult aspect is lost on a lot of you. You don’t just leave a cult even when confronted with reason and logic that blows apart everything you believe, you make up reality and keep on culting. I mean the cult 100% wanted to murder Pence and he still wants to lead the damn thing.

Yep.

Good one doctor. Represents NC's 3rd, which runs up the coast from the north side of Wilmington to the VA border.

579616f9ae820202a538a5f57ea1c049

There hasn't been nearly enough posted about how Republicans have moved from anti-abortion except in the case of rape, incest, or a mother's life to denying rape and harm to a mother's life even happen.

I heard the body has a way to shut that thing down. Is that not the case?

The first generic congressional poll since Roe reversal shows a pretty big shift amongst registered Millennial and Gen Z voters. Done by Marist, before the decision they had D at 45% and R at 40%, and after the decision they have D at 54% and R at 32%.

That's good to hear, but the question is will they bother to vote in large numbers in November? Historically, under-40 voters don't turn out in large numbers in the midterms, and most polls so far this year show that Democratic enthusiasm to vote is consistently less than that of Republicans.

nope. you just lay back and enjoy it. don't want to make it more difficult on your attacker.

Heard of prenatal hospice for the first time today, “pro-life” people are fucking insane.

That's good to hear, but the question is will they bother to vote in large numbers in November? Historically, under-40 voters don't turn out in large numbers in the midterms, and most polls so far this year show that Democratic enthusiasm to vote is consistently less than that of Republicans.

Why is Republican enthusiasm so high if it’s always rigged ?

Maybe I am misunderstanding. Is the implication from your friends statement that Manchin would have supported a bill codifying Roe, but Dems did not want to?

Yeah that's what he said - I mean, Manchin said that also so that's not news. Have to time travel a bit to remember that there was a whole spiderweb of filibuster stuff going on then and Manchin flip-flopping behind closed doors about situations where he'd support ditching the filibuster, specifically for a brief time it'd be for a one-off exception for something like Roe or voting rights. Plus remember that there was at least some Republican support for watered-down Collins/Murkowski versions of RCA. If Manchin voted yes for a 50/50 split the argument was 100% of certain politicians' efforts would have been filibuster-focused, some as threats to build Republican support, all of which many thought would be a pointless time-waster that would both fail and drive incredibly negative public sentiment to fail when a path appeared to be possible. Much easier to float a bill Manchin would vote no on, making it a pointless roll call vote but solidifying Roe as a campaign focus.

So was Manchin going to bypass the filibuster to codify Roe?

I don’t understand how a Manchin supported bill would be a time-waster? I’m honestly not trying to be argumentative here, I just really don’t understand the logic here - if what you were told was truthful, that’s Democratic malfeasance at the highest level possible

Last edited:
So coming off as totally feckless is a campaign strategy?

What's to prevent dems from putting the bill Manchin would supposedly sign in front of him now? Manchin said he would support a bill codifying Roe from dems and repubs, so we know he is still full of shit as that's not happening.

Yep.

There hasn't been nearly enough posted about how Republicans have moved from anti-abortion except in the case of rape, incest, or a mother's life to denying rape and harm to a mother's life even happen.

There's another one here, in a winnable district.

I don’t see any reason to believe Manchin would have voted for anything in the end. It’s not like he has reputation for wasting everyone’s time trying to mollycoddle him then doing exactly what he always does anyway.

Back