• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

so the argument is that women will choose to get pregnant and have abortions so they can get paid from harvesting the organs of the aborted fetus?

well ok then

The organs and tissue are donated, not harvested. It's a conscious choice made by the mother, just as the next of kin makes a choice to donate their loved ones organs when they pass away.

so the argument is that women will choose to get pregnant and have abortions so they can get paid from harvesting the organs of the aborted fetus?

well ok then

Yeah fucking welfare queens man. They live off the government teet and non-profit dime.

Planned Parenthood is scrutinized more than probably any other non profit organization in the country. Do you really think they'd risk everything they work for by doing something like that?

Lois Lerner cackles hysterically at this sentence.

This is the worst posters thread. My contributions included.

Last edited:
I would imagine since Planned Parenthood has been around for substantially longer than the Tea Party that Planned Parenthood at least HAS been scrutinized more than any other non-profit. It's definitely the case right now since they're currently very heavily scrutinized and are being attacked in drive by fashion by conservatives slowly leaking videos they've apparently had for months in an attempt to continue to increase scrutiny on PP.

your response would make sense if I had said "scrutinized by the IRS"

Think slavery dv7, its a lot like slavery before the 19th century. Slavery existed in West Africa, then the Europeans came along and started trading for slaves. This made slavery more profitable, increased people's financial interest in it; and so slavery expanded, despite the fact that many people, even some of its beneficiaries, considered slavery deplorable.

Think slavery dv7, its a lot like slavery before the 19th century. Slavery existed in West Africa, then the Europeans came along and started trading for slaves. This made slavery more profitable, increased people's financial interest in it; and so slavery expanded, despite the fact that many people, even some of its beneficiaries, considered slavery deplorable.

Abortion is this century's slavery. History will not be kind to its defenders.

Do you think reimbursing hospitals and other organizations for the cost of preparing organs and tissue for donation is a new thing?

Additionally, research and medical procedures involving fetal organs and tissue has gone up over recent years, while abortions have gone down. How does that fit with your premise?

Last edited:
Abortion is this century's slavery. History will not be kind to its defenders.

You've said this a few times and I'm sure you're trolling, but I'll bite because that's what I do. What other situation can you ever recall or cite evidence to where the conservative social position has been viewed favorably by future generations? More specifically where it has viewed favorably vis-a-vis the more liberal social position comparatively?

You've said this a few times and I'm sure you're trolling, but I'll bite because that's what I do. What other situation can you ever recall or cite evidence to where the conservative social position has been viewed favorably by future generations? More specifically where it has viewed favorably vis-a-vis the more liberal social position comparatively?

I wouldn't be so sure. I'm pretty sure that other people are going to view this abhorrent practice as ghastly. Let's not try to compensate for your insecurities on the issue with bravado. At least come up with a more persuasive cover story.

I'll add affirmative action to the list as well.

I don't have any insecurities on the issue at all. I've posted at length about my views and am trying to engage you substantively which you appear to be, yet again, unwilling to do.

I don't have any insecurities on the issue at all. I've posted at length about my views and am trying to engage you substantively which you appear to be, yet again, unwilling to do.

Well, I thought we just had a discussion about the perils of absolutes, and yet your first response is the "But liberal positions #neverfail" hottake. Who's trolling, again?

If you'd like to see a liberal position that has failed, I give you America's welfare State (and the cratering of the family structure), $17T in debt and the appeasement of Nazi Germany.

I wouldn't be so sure. I'm pretty sure that other people are going to view this abhorrent practice as ghastly. Let's not try to compensate for your insecurities on the issue with bravado. At least come up with a more persuasive cover story.

I'll add affirmative action to the list as well.

People have been using abortive practices since the beginning of civilization. The practice in its current form is probably the safest and least abhorrent it has ever been in human history. If future generations think what is happening in 2015 is abhorrent, it's only because they will have come up with something even safer

and the appeasement of Nazi Germany.

Womp womp

750f6888135d608aa5540cb0fa134adb.jpg

Well, I thought we just had a discussion about the perils of absolutes, and yet your first response is the "But liberal positions #neverfail" hottake. Who's trolling, again?

If you'd like to see a liberal position that has failed, I give you America's welfare State (and the cratering of the family structure), $17T in debt and the appeasement of Nazi Germany.

I didn't say they never failed, I said that I can't recall a time that future generations looked back and said "gee those conservative social positions from 50, 100, 200 years ago were really on point." I asked if you had an example of the more conservative position prevailing as the "accepted" view moving forward and you didn't answer the question.

where the fuck are the Portuguese organ harvesting statistics?

Back