• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

There are other examples of this?

It may have been the same hearing but Ayanna Presley was questioning a woman about ectopic pregnancies and the witness claimed that ending an ectopic pregnancy was not an abortion.

It may have been the same hearing but Ayanna Presley was questioning a woman about ectopic pregnancies and the witness claimed that ending an ectopic pregnancy was not an abortion.

Of course she's married to that POS Senator. And she's not a doctor.

This turn by republicans to try redefine what an abortion is and is not is really weird.

its difficult to remain consistent when you can't keep the lies straight. or don't understand things like... science, healthcare. really their inconsistency is the only consistent thing. alternative facts baby !

Of course she's married to that POS Senator. And she's not a doctor.

Neither of them are doctors, they are antichoice activists trying to pretend that their laws outlawing abortions don't include things life threatening issues or rape by simply saying those procedures are not called abortions.

Neither of them are doctors, they are antichoice activists trying to pretend that their laws outlawing abortions don't include things life threatening issues or rape by simply saying those procedures are not called abortions.

if so that's an obvious attempt to walk back the narrative about their intent. not the reality. they want this reality. what they do want is to lie about it so they don't lose votes while they are so close to wrapping up their gerrymandered and voter suppressed supermajorities across the country.

It's also quite possible that due to decades of conservative indoctrination, they think abortion is just a very sexually active 20-something year old woman casually walking into Planned Parenthood to vacuum out a fetus. When presented with the breadth of abortion, they earnestly don't think anything else is abortion. It's not a medical procedure to them. It's a malicious act.

It's not too far off from last week's argument with scooter.

It's also quite possible that due to decades of conservative indoctrination, they think abortion is just a very sexually active 20-something year old woman casually walking into Planned Parenthood to vacuum out a fetus. When presented with the breadth of abortion, they earnestly don't think anything else is abortion. It's not a medical procedure to them. It's a malicious act.

You're giving these anti abortion guys (and some ladies) way too much credit. They are probably already flashing their "shockers" and banging some chicks who had a pro life license plates on there Ford Fiesta. all the while knowing they can fly their sugar babies across state lines to terminate their unwanted pregnancies.

I do not think it is in earnest. I think it is an intentional effort to confuse people with misinformation about what abortion is and what these laws will control.

I do not think it is in earnest. I think it is an intentional effort to confuse people with misinformation about what abortion is and what these laws will control.

Could be either. I have a tough time telling who on the right are true believers of misinformation and who is intentionally spreading misinformation.

Yep, easy test. A scenario that is bad politics for Republicans = not an abortion.

And then they can feed it into the narrative that Dems are overreacting.

Could be either. I have a tough time telling who on the right are true believers of misinformation and who is intentionally spreading misinformation.

Occam's razor? The higher up the ladder the more likely you are monetarily benefitting from it. Evil at the top. Dummies at the bottom. Agree the question is, where is that line?

This is definitely true at the frontline level. Credit due to our awful sex education system.

Occam's razor? The higher up the ladder the more likely you are monetarily benefitting from it. Evil at the top. Dummies at the bottom. Agree the question is, where is that line?

Right. That's a good way to put it. On this and a lot of issues, I think this distinction was much clearer 30-40 years ago. As the evil at the top has died off (e.g. Reagan, Falwell, Ailes, Atwater), they've been replaced by those who were dummies at the bottom in the 80s and 90s. So yeah, where is the line now? Is a Jim Jordan who came of age during the Reagan area in on the con or is he a true believer? No idea.

There's probably some perfect German word for exuding practicality and seriousness, having calm confidence that you're correct - but at the same time giving absolutely zero fucks when proven wrong.

It's like a developing personality type - I'm running into it more and more in professional settings now instead of just online. It's fucking gross.

There's probably some perfect German word for exuding practicality and seriousness, having calm confidence that you're correct - but at the same time giving absolutely zero fucks when proven wrong.

It's like a developing personality type - I'm running into it more and more in professional settings now instead of just online. It's fucking gross.

Wow. That's really well said. In many settings, being confident is more important than being correct. Maybe it's always been the case but not there are more ways to check who is correct.

I think you are giving the anti choice movement a lot of credit that they don’t deserve.

I think you are giving the anti choice movement a lot of credit that they don’t deserve.

Having read the rest of the posts now, i see there is a distinction between the foot soldiers and leaders and I can accept that. But conservatives time and time again play the earnestness card and then get caught in the lie later. I don’t think the movement over all, and on abortion specifically, has or deserves and earnestness points.

Back