• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

Brasky is at his best late at night when the air is still, filled with only the sound of his beating heart, pushing his alcohol laced blood through his veins. It is then and only then when the hottest of takes are put forth for all of our enjoyment.

The Roe vs Wade decision was in 1973. Since then only one constitutional amendment ban has come up for vote and that received 49 votes (far short of the 67 votes needed) in the Senate in 1981. There aren't any filibusters in the House and Boehner allowed 40+ Onsmacare votes with zero chance of them becoming law. Why hasn't the GOP controlled House voted for an abortion ban amendment? Even if a ban received 67% in both chambers, there aren't 38 states that would ratify outright bans. Best case scenario is overturning Roe vs Wade, but the right case hasn't come up. A Dem President in 2016 likely changes the Court from 5-4 to 6-3, so that window closes for at least a generation.

Can definitely understand and empathize with many pro-life views, but can't understand bans when the mother's life is in danger. That's extremely rare, but the GOP plank refuses to give an inch on anything short of outright bans even if it results in the death of the mother. Dems are powerless to stop votes in the House, so why isn't Boehner allowing amendment votes?

Honestly, fuck you. And your hypocritical bible thumping bullshit.

Read the goddamn good book. It's easier for a camel to squeeze through the eye of a needle than a rich person to go to heaven. Right?

Now look at your life. Do you live amongst the poor? Have you donated ever excessive dollar to helping your fellow man? Especially the unwanted children you so wish to be born.

Because if not, then you are completely full of shit and according to Christ's words you are doomed to damnation.

Removed

Last edited:
The Roe vs Wade decision was in 1973. Since then only one constitutional amendment ban has come up for vote and that received 49 votes (far short of the 67 votes needed) in the Senate in 1981. There aren't any filibusters in the House and Boehner allowed 40+ Onsmacare votes with zero chance of them becoming law. Why hasn't the GOP controlled House voted for an abortion ban amendment? Even if a ban received 67% in both chambers, there aren't 38 states that would ratify outright bans. Best case scenario is overturning Roe vs Wade, but the right case hasn't come up. A Dem President in 2016 likely changes the Court from 5-4 to 6-3, so that window closes for at least a generation.

Can definitely understand and empathize with many pro-life views, but can't understand bans when the mother's life is in danger. That's extremely rare, but the GOP plank refuses to give an inch on anything short of outright bans even if it results in the death of the mother. Dems are powerless to stop votes in the House, so why isn't Boehner allowing amendment votes?

Removed

Last edited:
Yes. I have. I am currently helping support a single mom with two children whose husband is in rehab for a coke addiction. I just hired an unwed mother at my business for the specific purpose of helping her feed her two young children. I routinely volunteer for a local ministry that aids and ministers to unwed teenage pregnant mothers. I am on a fundraising board for a local minority school that brings in at risk youth and educates them and gives them a chance. I also help coach their basketball team. I am rich by any measurable standard, and while not perfect I fully understand the weight of that responsibility. Next time know your facts before you start accusing people.

Open your eyes Brasky. The truth is staring you in the face. These are children man. You reduced their elimination to an economic benefit. That is ridiculous.

You're wifi connection appears to be pretty quick Mother Theresa.

Do you plan on giving away all your wealth to the impoverished on your death bed or holding on to it and passing it along to your children? Just trying to figure out if your going to heaven or not.

Agree. IN that scenario is life for life. I don't know how you decide that, but I have no moral outrage towards a mother, whose life is in danger making that choice. If another person is threatening your life, knowingly or unknowingly there is some moral standing to 'defending' yourself. That percentage is so minute thought it isn't even worth mentioning to be honest. It is a fraction of a fraction of abortions. I agree on the political angle. My guess is that there are many republicans who don't want to eal with the mess and would rather grandstand about abortion.

Have voted for pro-life pols before, but would never vote for someone who advocates no abortions under any circumstances. Makes no sense to me from a pro-life standpoint. As noted, life of the mother is a tiny fraction so can't understand why the GOP won't allow those minimal exceptions. Both Mitt and McCain supported exceptions for rape and invest as well. GOP panders to abortion opposition during the convention, but they don't eat their own cooking on the national level.

Now I know how common-sense Republicans feel about Trump taking up their cause...

Yes. I have. I am currently helping support a single mom with two children whose husband is in rehab for a coke addiction. I just hired an unwed mother at my business for the specific purpose of helping her feed her two young children. I routinely volunteer for a local ministry that aids and ministers to unwed teenage pregnant mothers. I am on a fundraising board for a local minority school that brings in at risk youth and educates them and gives them a chance. I also help coach their basketball team. I am rich by any measurable standard, and while not perfect I fully understand the weight of that responsibility. Next time know your facts before you start accusing people.

Open your eyes Brasky. The truth is staring you in the face. These are children man. You reduced their elimination to an economic benefit. That is ridiculous.

Wrangor /= 2&2 or jhmd

Why isn't viability good enough? I thought we established back on other threads that as our medical technology and expertise increase*, viability will move closer and closer to conception and eventually wipe out abortion.

*God's plan

Move those goalposts. Clap clap clapclapclap.

I quoted red fonted scripture from the book that you have given your life to.

I'm challenging your religion, your misplaced beliefs and the righteous indignation that was oozing out of your original post.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Back