• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

eugenics and cybernetics is the obvious future of humanity.

crazy that we've put it off this long

It is true that I view the 1) lawful application of military power when lesser instruments of power have 2) failed differently than terminating an inconvenient life with the adoption option left on the table. I'm also in favor of the 3) State taking the life of a convicted killer because I believe the death penalty is a deterrent to other potential offenders. If that's the gotcha moment WnB is looking for to take a pass on his views on the issue of abortion, "4) congrats."

It would be just as tempting to point out the overlay of the Venn Diagrams of the BLM crowd with the Pro-choice crowd (where a black mother is five times more likely to terminate the life of her baby than a white mother; I guess Developing Black Lives Don't Matter...), but that's also a crappy argument.

How about we just focus on this thread's issues, and you all can tell me what's unacceptable about publicly funded adoptions (paid for by a tax levied on 5% of the net investment income of the top income tax bracket)? What if we started adding to the array of "choices" these mothers have?

1) Abortion is lawful.

2) Failed to do what?

3) Convicted = certainly guilty?

4) thanks, man.

So jhmd considers a clump of cells a person, calls abortion murder, yet believes that the army and every dipshit deputy has the right to kill indiscriminately. Can we compromise and just deputize abortion doctors?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

So jhmd considers a clump of cells a person, calls abortion murder, yet believes that the army and every dipshit deputy has the right to kill indiscriminately. Can we compromise and just deputize abortion doctors?

You left out "hates all babies."

No, I don't notice any insecurity in this argument. Why do you ask?

You left out "hates all babies."

No, I don't notice any insecurity in this argument. Why do you ask?
You brought up BLM, not me. How else should I interpret your opposition to their cause, and your damnation of abortion? You are picking and choosing who has the right to indiscriminately extinguish life. Maybe you are unfamiliar with existentialism, but i'm sure that there is a racist philosophical argument to be made that unborn male black "babies" are a threat to society. Maybe these racist abortion doctors are just standing their ground.

You brought up BLM, not me. How else should I interpret your opposition to their cause, and your damnation of abortion? You are picking and choosing who has the right to indiscriminately extinguish life. Maybe you are unfamiliar with existentialism, but i'm sure that there is a racist philosophical argument to be made that unborn male black "babies" are a threat to society. Maybe these racist abortion doctors are just standing their ground.

Go home, mdmh. You're drunk.

WnB is right. To the extent that this isn't a discussion about ideological consistency, not any real utility to keep talking about this. JHMD and Wrangor think all abortions are wrong and both believe that the woman should (at least over time per Wrangor) be punished for having one. Everyone else disagrees and the distinction is how the fetus/baby is viewed and when. Nobody's mind is going to change on that so what's the point in talking about it anymore?

You mean you're not capable of abstract thought?! I'm shocked.

Wake&Bake calls you all hypocritical for opposing abortion but supporting war, and you deny the connection because people in war deserve to die (says who?)

You call us hypocrites because we support BLM and support abortion. We deny the connection because we don't consider fetuses people.

I've already made my defense about the necessity for viability for personhood. What is your defense for your mindless deferrence to authority in the matter of killing?

Wake&Bake calls you all hypocritical for opposing abortion but supporting war, and you deny the connection because people in war deserve to die (says who?)

You call us hypocrites because we support BLM and support abortion. We deny the connection because we don't consider fetuses people.

I've already made my defense about the necessity for viability for personhood. What is your defense for your mindless deferrence to authority in the matter of killing?

Hyperbole: where the insecurity hides.

ok, forget war.

How about death from air pollution? Is the convenience of having fertilizer and automobiles more important than human life? Where is the outrage? Where is the support for legislation to increase regulation? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-of-air-pollution_us_55fb1ad3e4b00310edf64af4

I'll open this question to Wrangor, too. He's a farmer so I'm sure he is familiar with the health effects of the fertilizer on humans.

Last edited:
jhmd, is it the intentional nature of abortion that you especially oppose?

Is it the unintentional nature of wartime collateral damage child-killing and air pollution human-killing that allows you to accept it an move on with your day, and even advocate loosening environmental regulation and expanding wartime capabilities?

jhmd, is it the intentional nature of abortion that you especially oppose?

Is it the unintentional nature of wartime collateral damage child-killing and air pollution human-killing that allows you to accept it an move on with your day, and even advocate loosening environmental regulation and expanding wartime capabilities?

Let's assume your mischaracterizations of my positions (in particular the environment allegation) are spot-freaking-on.

And? Does that immunize your views on abortion? If you're right, you wouldn't need me to be wrong or inconsistent, would you?

Let's assume your mischaracterizations of my positions (in particular the environment allegation) are spot-freaking-on.

And? Does that immunize your views on abortion? If you're right, you wouldn't need me to be wrong or inconsistent, would you?

I don't need my views immunized. That's the thing, I'm fine with RoevWade. I'm not starting abortion threads. I don't need my abortion opinion validated whatsoever. I am perfectly at peace with it.

I'm trying to navigate your logic with regard to acceptable and unacceptable killing of humans by humans. Why must you dodge?

Well if he's right, then by definition you are wrong. Your inconsistency simply points to your insincerity in some of the positions you espouse on this thread.

Well if he's right, then by definition you are wrong. Your inconsistency simply points to your insincerity in some of the positions you espouse on this thread.

I love this so much. Let's just say I've seen more confidence in one's argument then on display here from my friends on the left. Stay #undefeated.

I love this so much. Let's just say I've seen more confidence in one's argument then on display here from my friends on the left. Stay #undefeated.

Oh see I was being charitable. Your inconsistency could also point to you just being incapable of rational thought. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Oh see I was being charitable. Your inconsistency could also point to you just being incapable of rational thought. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

It just gets better. Baby hatin' and irrational. Beware ye who wade into the safe spaces.

Back