• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

Maybe, but really I’m just angry. Feels like the Democratic Party should being do far more to stop our nation’s regression back into Dark Ages.
Search for my post about how women in the "dark ages" had more rights than women in twentieth century America. Probably should stop using the dark ages to make your point

Apparently it's human nature for people to want someone to look down upon in order to feel better about yourself. Some may be above this, but most aren't. Hitler had the jews. Wake Grads look down on state school donks. State school donks look down on minorities. Dems need to come up with someone to look down upon to make the masses feel better about themselves other than rednecks in flyover states, cause the senate math doesn't work on that one. That's why Dems taking up the cause of every disadvantaged group imaginable is just bad politics.

I’m late to this, but the state of Oklahoma was established as a violation of Native American land rights and sovernty and now in 2022 the mascot of the state university is the Sooners which is a proud reference to individuals settlers that claimed lands in Oklahoma claiming the territory, that had been promised to Native Americans in a treaty, for whites. Oklahoma will have no probable violating the reservation laws and authority.

Dems need to come up with someone to look down upon to make the masses feel better about themselves other than rednecks in flyover states, cause the senate math doesn't work on that one. That's why Dems taking up the cause of every disadvantaged group imaginable is just bad politics.

Using your theory, what type of regional/socio-economic voting coalition could the Democrats have pulled together to protect abortion rights? And have you considered which current Democratic voters the party would lose if they were to adopt your philosophy?

today on hilarious things Plama feels is true: that flyover people care about abortion enough to vote against Republics but are just too annoyed that trans people get some airtime so they vote R

I do love the boards consistency. No matter how politically polarized our country becomes, somehow all the tunnels posters live in the only swing communities in the nation, and conveniently every political issue that annoys those posters is somehow the tipping point for those swing voting communities.

I do love the boards consistency. No matter how politically polarized our country becomes, somehow all the tunnels posters live in the only swing communities in the nation, and conveniently every political issue that annoys those posters is somehow the tipping point for those swing voting communities.

Yes, that is totally a thing OTHER posters do. Gotcha.

Yes, that is totally a thing OTHER posters do. Gotcha.

Other posters besides Plama? Absolutely. He’s just the biggest troll. How different is his post about Democrats losing with identity politics from various other board moderates blaming defund the police? It’s just a crowd of dishwater liberals all deciding that their particular annoyance is what swings the election to Republicans.

Everybody exaggerates the importance of their pet issues and their communities. You've got plenty of posts saying Democrats could win more white rural votes if they just focused on the issues you think are most important.

Apparently it's human nature for people to want someone to look down upon in order to feel better about yourself. Some may be above this, but most aren't. Hitler had the jews. Wake Grads look down on state school donks. State school donks look down on minorities. Dems need to come up with someone to look down upon to make the masses feel better about themselves other than rednecks in flyover states, cause the senate math doesn't work on that one. That's why Dems taking up the cause of every disadvantaged group imaginable is just bad politics.

Not disagreeing with the first 3/4 of your post. I'm still enough of an idealist, though, to think that maybe, just maybe, taking up the cause of "every disadvantaged group imaginable" is the right thing to do. And yes, that gets screwed over consistently by electoral math (especially considering the basis of the Electoral College, and I'm not going there this morning) and, on a fairly regular basis, by the Dems' consistent inability to take the hard line.

Or, maybe people believe that Defund The Police is a losing message, or at best a poorly articulated one, from the get-go and they're sick of hearing that bullshit.

Everybody exaggerates the importance of their pet issues and their communities. You've got plenty of posts saying Democrats could win more white rural votes if they just focused on the issues you think are most important.

The problem with the "big tent" ideology is that no one will be happy all the time, and Dems care about that far more than Republicans do. Pubs are much better at the long game and seeing the forest instead of the trees. Dems are counting every freaking leaf.

I cannot give wakegrrl enough rep on this thread, even with the limits lifted.

The problem with the "big tent" ideology is that no one will be happy all the time, and Dems care about that far more than Republicans do. Pubs are much better at the long game and seeing the forest instead of the trees. Dems are counting every freaking leaf.

Wow. This may be the best line explaining Pubs vs. Dems I've heard in a long time.

You’re equating outreach to non-voters with extortion from moderates who threaten to vote Republican inorder to ratchet back the party platform - Moderates constant complaints/excuses for the Democratic Party are always directed from the right - the party is too liberal, too PC, too permissive of crime, too taxing. Somehow (?) increasing Republican fascism is unable to nullify these complaints.

That's not much different than extortion from progressives who threaten not to vote or vote third party. None of it is productive.

That's not much different than extortion from progressives who threaten not to vote or vote third party. None of it is productive.

What progressives? Point them out. Whenever the 3 leftists on this board criticize the tunnels politics you all defend yourselves by whataboutting random twitter accounts and activists you’ve never met.

I'm talking about non-voters who would be persuaded by progressive politics. I think they exist. Do you?

Or, maybe people believe that Defund The Police is a losing message, or at best a poorly articulated one, from the get-go and they're sick of hearing that bullshit.

Tough shit. If you need to carpool so bad then stop bitching when someone in the back seat gets the aux cord. At least you get to drive.

Uh okay then you've got a deal if you'll stop bitching about losing elections and pretending people are interested in your wacko left wing bullcrap.

Back