• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

Wrangor

Go Deacs
Reaction score
After exiting this board primarily because of the toxicity it was creating in my own heart, I apologize for the harsh tone that I set on this thread. Seeing the recent leak on the Supreme Court deliberations re: Abortion reminded me of this error, and I apologize.

Hopefully any debate here will be more productive than the tone that I originally set. Regardless of one's position....pro life or pro choice, the vast majority of the debate originates from people with good intentions, regardless of how different we might see the world.

Hopefully even though I may see abortion as an evil that must be eradicated, and others may see that right to abortion as a human right that must be protected...that the issue can be debated with candor.

Last edited:
What is the truth? Those all seem to indicate that their are two sides to the story. And I'm willing to be that the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Who's paying the million+ dollars that it will take to raise these unwanted children Wrangor?

It sure as he'll isn't the people you vote for.

Widespread acceptance of abortion is the most positive socio-economic thing that occurred in the 20th century.

When did we start doing medical research with aborted fetal tissue? Is that your question? Or when did abortion clinics start getting reimbursement for the costs of harvesting, preparation, and transport of fetal tissue requested by research facilities?

Ticketmaster charges a 15 dollar "processing fee" to email you a freaking ticket, but somehow an abortion clinic is profiting off of a 30 dollar charge to harvest and deliver lung and liver cells? GTFO with that stupid blaze.com bullshit

Its pretty sad that Wrangor fell for this tripe. The packpride nazi's are in a full froth about it. That is expected given that they are, you know, mouth-breathing morons. I thought it was a tip of the hat to the pro-life folks on this board that nobody had taken the bait so far. Oh well.

Better news story is the one that came out the other day about a long term study they did. The great myth of abortions ruining the mothers lives and leading to depression and regret was debunked. They found 95% of woman that were followed ended up fine with their decision.

What is the truth? Those all seem to indicate that their are two sides to the story. And I'm willing to be that the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Removed

Last edited:
Tissue is obtained from all sorts of surgical procedures and used for study. Humans donate their bodies to science when they die.

What in that video do you think is going to change people's minds on this issue?

Better news story is the one that came out the other day about a long term study they did. The great myth of abortions ruining the mothers lives and leading to depression and regret was debunked. They found 95% of woman that were followed ended up fine with their decision.

Removed

Last edited:
The truth these are real children. With real organs. With real heartbeats. With real dreams. With real sensory capabilities. And we are killing them for convenience.

So you're main problem is with abortion itself and not using the organs for medical research. Is that a fair statement?

Tissue is obtained from all sorts of surgical procedures and used for study. Humans donate their bodies to science when they die.

What in that video do you think is going to change people's minds on this issue?

Removed

Last edited:
Yeah these videos don't change anything. The abortion was being performed anyways so if anything it shows that at least when abortions are performed some long term good may come out of it. You are either already anti-abortion and using it to get fired up again to bring your moral superiority out play or its just meh. Now if the story was woman getting pregnant so aborted fetuses could be harvested on purpose (I am sure this will appear somewhere on facebook/fox news) then yeah you might have something.

You seem to be missing the key point. The babies didn't donate the tissue. Their heads were crushed, the spine snapped...and then their tissue was sold to the highest bidder. That difference may not seem significant, but I assure you that while I am very comfortable being an organ donor, I do not choose to allow someone to take my organs (and my life) from me without my consent.

As to the bold- not really. As to your contention that the the babies didn't donate the tissue, the woman who had the procedure did. It was the tissue that came from her body.

Again- what part of the video did you expect to change people's minds?

I fell for this tripe? Those are human lives we are harvesting and selling their parts. I really used to think that everyone that was pro-choice simply defined the beginning of life differently. That with enough time and evidence it would be very obvious that these children who are being killed are not some amorphous blog of jelly but actual people who feel, think, dream, move, and function long before they leave the womb.

I am starting to realize that there are people who actually understand that we are eliminating human life, and are OK with that. Not having a place to put a child, doesn't mean you get to kill them.

Harvesting human organs from the disposal of an abortion....tripe. That is sick. Knowing what organs you need to harvest and making sure you don't crush them when you end the life of the child....all tripe. All bait. So much sadness.

Love wins*

You can measure the insecurity by the vitriol.

*YMMV

Back